Trolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In case of a real emergency, I can always breath the air on my bc, right?

Besides, who needs instruction anyway. It's all a rip off. I can learn all I need to know off the internet, and then practice - solo.

Marc :wink:

Chummer:
I just got certified and i have a couple of questions. Im thinking of doing a SOLO DIVE to 140 ft to retrieve a small outboard motor.
How many spare aires do i need to have along do this safely?
How big of a BC do i need to give me the extra lift required to bring it to the surface? (Im thinking of dropping my weights when i tie the motor off to my BC.)
I need to SURFACE QUICKLY sometimes because I find it hard to breathe when my 7 ft OCTO gets too tight around my neck so im looking for a good DIVE PLAN. (Thats the best place for an octo, i read it on a DIR website.)
PS- PADI rules!!!
you,ll need a spare air on an ascent line every 30 feet and a halcyon liftbag,dont you dive solo,i,ve heard thats dangerous unless you carry a redundand fin with you.Peace :wink:

How much air does an aluminum 80 hold?

The guy at the dive shop told me he sells tanks that do not change your trim as you use up the gas.

Can I get these on eBay too?

My friend works in a dive shop and he says an alluminum 80 will hold 3000 lbs. I use the steel tanks cuz they hold more. I've been diving a couple of years and have over 20 dives. If you need more help just IM me. :11:

Don Burke:
The guy at the dive shop told me he sells tanks that do not change your trim as you use up the gas.

Can I get these on eBay too?
Doubt that...

Maybe an 'Neutral' 80, but even one of those's CGs will move during the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom