Trolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman:
Someone mentioned Trolls...How many of you remember the first SB
when we trolled like crazy? This new board is so calm and disciplined..
doesn't anyone miss the old board were the weak were killed and eaten?

Lawman. King of the Trolls

Oh yes ....... Indeed, Your Highness.

Those were the days!

Eat or be eaten. Sometimes we ate a chunk off of them. And sometimes they got a piece of us. Strange creatures with their elongated appendage, hardened steel plates, always a'hollering and a'hooting how they were chosen by some wanna'be gods deep within dark caves to come forth and illuminate the waters for all trolling strokes. It didn't matter who won or lost, it was a' giving and a' taking your licks that scored points. All in a good day's thread.

Memories, how sweet it was! Very funny too! For some of us, anyways.

Sometimes, I reminisce about that not so distant simpler place and time, where we all crossed paths before political correctness and protective shark cages. A mugging here a mugging there. Poor unsuspecting souls. RIP ...... Those days before everyone had their own little private love nest, allowing all to blissfully indulge in their favorite pleasures now, without ever having to encounter unsavory characters intent on bringing a hard doze of reality into their ideal fantasy universe.

Aaahhhh ......... Indeed, those were the days!

I better stop now. I may be crossing the line with this post, placing this thread in danger of banishment into its special armored protected cyberhole.

overexposed2X:
1.Which is best to drink before diving: Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey?
2.Can I fill a tank with a Nitrox sticker with 100% O2?
3.Do you really need AOW before diving in caves?
4.Can I take my ex wife diving in shark infested waters?
5.Skip breathing is good practice.
6.Why do all the LDS's in my area make so much money?
7.Since the air that I breath is free why do I have to pay to have my tank filled?
8.I don't need an extra regulator, since I don't give a f#8* about my buddy.
9.Everyone should dive in pink gear to be better seen.
10. If you don't dive with a pony bottle you deserve to die.

All tongue in cheek. :wink:

I think we should expand on this list:

11. Why do I have to learn the RDP and all that silly math? Isn't that what a computer is for?
12. When at the surface don't forget to wave "hello" back to the boat crew. It's considered rude not to.
13. Who needs a backplate and wing when you can find a jacket BC that matches your purge-valve mask, split fins, and snorkel?
14. Skip OW and go straight for AOW. Cut out the middleman (or woman) and save time and money. For that matter skip AOW too and go straight for Rescue Diver.
15. How come more people don't use the power inflator as an UP elevator?
16. Who needs to fine tune buoyancy? Just put tons of weight around your waist and you'll have no problems sinking to the bottom.
17. It's far more fashionable to leave your mask on your forehead then below your chin. Makes you look like that guy on "Sea Hunt."
18. BWRAF checks take too long. Cuts into your dive time.
19. Why can't I climb on the coral? Isn't it simply the underwater version of rock climbing?
20. All newly-certified divers should dive the "Andrea Doria" for their first post-certification dive, just to celebrate.

Chummer:
I just got certified and i have a couple of questions. Im thinking of doing a SOLO DIVE to 140 ft to retrieve a small outboard motor.
How many spare aires do i need to have along do this safely?
How big of a BC do i need to give me the extra lift required to bring it to the surface? (Im thinking of dropping my weights when i tie the motor off to my BC.)
I need to SURFACE QUICKLY sometimes because I find it hard to breathe when my 7 ft OCTO gets too tight around my neck so im looking for a good DIVE PLAN. (Thats the best place for an octo, i read it on a DIR website.)
PS- PADI rules!!!

Chummer, I can help you with that motor. I've got a spare anchor and garden hose at home that I'm not using right now.

:D

Bill

_______ is better than ______, which is still better than _______

Fill in the blanks with:
NAUI
PADI
SSI

I am going to go to Belize and dive the Blue Hole, is Discover Scuba training enough, or should I spend the extra money on the PADI Open Water certificaiton?

PS - the divemaster promised to hold my hand.

Their are still some good trolls out there. the other day I was looking at the DIR forum and a diver named novadiver had me laughing so hard I almost p###$$ myself.
Sometimes I look through the posts just to see whos trolling.

Maybe we can start a trolling forum? and get this novadiver to moderate it . Now that would be entertaining

Trust me dives are a great way to go.

The DM said he had 30 dives. I'm sure he was very experienced!

Now that I passed my OW class, I'm an expert diver (or) who needs extra classes, they told me I know it all.

Spare Air is the best!

Diving without a snorkel is unsafe diving.

I dove three times last year. Do I really need a refresher course?

Lawman:
Someone mentioned Trolls...How many of you remember the first SB
when we trolled like crazy? This new board is so calm and disciplined..
doesn't anyone miss the old board were the weak were killed and eaten?
I like the peaceful, polite format, but sometimes I think back and remember
when ScubaBoard was a wilder kind of place.....

Actually, the "first" SB - or rather "original" SB had very few trolls. It was a much smaller group of members at the time - and it was fun.

Then the trolls started to appear - in the beginning it was amusing - but then it got a bit out of control. That's when it ceased to be amusing and I took a break for a while.

I do not miss it and I like the current format.

RonDawg:

11. Why do I have to learn the RDP and all that silly math? Isn't that what a computer is for?
12. When at the surface don't forget to wave "hello" back to the boat crew. It's considered rude not to.
13. Who needs a backplate and wing when you can find a jacket BC that matches your purge-valve mask, split fins, and snorkel?
14. Skip OW and go straight for AOW. Cut out the middleman (or woman) and save time and money. For that matter skip AOW too and go straight for Rescue Diver.
16. Who needs to fine tune buoyancy? Just put tons of weight around your waist and you'll have no problems sinking to the bottom.
17. It's far more fashionable to leave your mask on your forehead then below your chin. Makes you look like that guy on "Sea Hunt."
19. Why can't I climb on the coral? Isn't it simply the underwater version of rock climbing?
20. All newly-certified divers should dive the "Andrea Doria" for their first post-certification dive, just to celebrate.

21. Since I am Rescue Certified, are their any PSD teams that need me?

RonDawg:

21. What's wrong with teaching yourself dives through expereience? After all you can learn all you need to know about topics like cave diving and deco diving, off the Internet.

22. You should try this sometime - a buddy and I have a lot of fun taking off our fnis and bouncing like moon walkers off the bottom. If you do it right your boots won't get sucked into the silt.

23. If you get lost you can always follow your silt trail back in. That's what it's for right?

24. Stainless D Rings are superior to plastic ones. Be sure to have at least a dozen so that you have plenty of attachment points for your gear.

25. What's wrong with diving my double 130s in my wetsuit? The chances of a wing failure are pretty remote. And anyway I've got lots of ditchable weight. Speaking of which, can anyone advise me on how to keep the weight belt from slipping down over my hips? It seems to be falling off constantly and I can't figure out why. No I'm not horizontal but you really can't see anything when you're horizontal since your head hits your _____(insert valves/reg/manifold here).

:LOL: :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom