Tropical but inexpensive diving vaca... is there such a thing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Key Largo is always a good option as well. I am surprised no one else mentioned it. I enjoyed my diving there just as much as some of the more exotic locations that I have been to. Lots of sites for everyone from beginers on up.

Key Largo is one of my favorite dive destinations but it does not fit the OP's criteria, at least this time of year. And it can easily cost more than other tropical destinations since you have to rent a car and there is no shore diving.

You may want to consider San Andres, Columbia. Americans don't travel there often but lots of Canadians and Europeans do. We just returned and felt very safe. The natives are very friendly and accommodating. There is a very cheap hotel with a nice beach called the Coco (runs about $45/night). A good dive shop is run by a German named Werner, he is located downtown.

If you want to stay in the states, go to Key Largo. You will not be disappointed with the diving although, you will not find many beaches. For an inexpensive live-a-board, consider Blackbeards.

Key Largo. You will not be disappointed with the diving
Depends what you're used to. I went there once and I won't bother to again. Very "average".

Thanks to all of you. Living on this side of the world, I never get to check out my own home ground, an dI am also completely ignorant. This has really helped me too.

BZE Airport code for Belize City

When is the last time you left Belize??

And more important.....when is the next time I go to Belize? :)

It would really help if you were to post what you consider cheap. Like someone else posted, when the diving is cheap the airfare is high and vice versa.

I personally thought Bonaire was the best bang for your buck. (helpful hint...bring pbj and dry foods with you in luggage)

BZE Airport code for Belize City

When is the last time you left Belize??

And more important.....when is the next time I go to Belize? :)

It would really help if you were to post what you consider cheap. Like someone else posted, when the diving is cheap the airfare is high and vice versa.

I personally thought Bonaire was the best bang for your buck. (helpful hint...bring pbj and dry foods with you in luggage)

I have not checked airfare recently to Belize, but i know for a fact that one of the primary reasons a major liveaboard pulled out of Belize was that they continually heard that airfare was too expensive from potential customers. When I worked down there (on that same liveaboard), airfare was so reasonable I could fly home every vacation, but the Belizean government has put some hefty charges on flights going into Belize City.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom