Trouble w/acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have learned so much from the boards but I am having trouble following some discussions because I don't know what all the acronyms represent or even some lingo. Anyone out there willing to enlighten a newbie so I can keep up?:huh:

Shellbird,
Hi!
This link might help with some of the scuba acronyms:

http://www.learnscuba.com/acronyms.html

(I hope I got that correct.) :)

As far as the non-scuba related ones: when you come across an unfamiliar one, just post and ask. I've done that, with some good results.
Perhaps some of the other folks know of other resources.

Good luck,
Mike

Edited to add: James is a faster typist !!

BWOD are the wings that are used by strokes. They feel they are invincible to all common sense. They dive convoluted gear, and gear that is extremly unsafe. Avoid anyone with BWOD at all costs. They will likely get the entire boat killed when you have to go down to rescue their fat slob arse!

LOL. Ok, now all kidding aside. I said that just to rile some feathers. BWOD is simply a name given to wings that are wrapped in a bungee cord. Their are many believers in this system, and many who think it is what Bobby Bouchets momma would call "The Devil". If you really want to see some and read info on them, check out the OMS website. They are the most famous maker of these wings.

Originally posted by Paul168341
BWoD? :D

Back-inflating wings, seen on Halcyon, OMS, Dive-Rite etc... BP/Harness WIngs BC configuration.

Halcyon has no wing that includes bungees. OMS, and Dive Rite do though.

Originally posted by Paul168341
Edit: James is a faster typer than me too! :jester:

LOL. 75 words a minute. My job has had me typing every day for the past 8 years. I should be faster than I am now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom