Trying to Arrange Jr OW Cert for My Kid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with both firstdive and Judy's statement. First it isn't Christi saying she has the best instructors, but I presume a loyal customer. FD is also correct in saying, IMHO, that not any one shop has the best instructor. There are many great instructors, dm, and dive ops to go around. Everyone has their favorite for whatever reason, and as long as that individual is happy that is all that matters.

Its not the shop saying they have the absolute best instructor for them, its the shops loyal customer who has used their services in the past and are so confidant in their ability that they are trusting them to take care of their child as she learns to dive.
Its a very legitimate recommendation!
Your right, I did not mean my remark to sound like the shop was saying it. She never would.:D
Us, as customers and friends of the dive ops we use have every right to recommend our dive ops as the best, but we would be overdoing that statement.
Every recommendation is legitimate if we have used the op or have proven knowlegde of a dive service. I was not remarking on the recommendation, I was stating they arent the best, no one can prove that statement legitimately.:popcorn:
I am not trying to smear anyone so I hope this cleared my statement.

That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

in·credu·lous (in krej′o̵o ləs)

adjective

unwilling or unable to believe; doubting; skeptical
showing doubt or disbelief an incredulous look

Your right, I did not mean my remark to sound like the shop was saying it. She never would.:D
Us, as customers and friends of the dive ops we use have every right to recommend our dive ops as the best, but we would be overdoing that statement.
Every recommendation is legitimate if we have used the op or have proven knowlegde of a dive service. I was not remarking on the recommendation, I was stating they arent the best, no one can prove that statement legitimately.:popcorn:
I am not trying to smear anyone so I hope this cleared my statement.

Sorry Kev, I am more confused at what you were trying to say than ever!!
:confused:

That word doesn't mean what you think it does.
Now I have to explain what I meant with that word. haha. I just should have said that no dive op would be foolish enough to say they are 'the best'. And the dive op in question did not say that. It was meant as a line of endearment towards the dive op by the client. I just said that line is not true. Whether he thinks it or not. Opinion or not. This can not be proven. Only proven in the court of client love. Give a great report or suggestion but dont say that there is only one 'best dive shop' on Cozumel. I'm out.:D wasnt looking for a fight:mooner:

you know, when I wrote that line I actually thought that maybe Billindenver or firstdive would have a problem with it. I almost changed the wording, but then I thought "wait, maybe ScubaMau or Aldora or Living Underwater, or whoever Billindenver touts, would be just as good, but in my opinion they wouldn't be any better".

Therefore, my statement stands. I said what I said and there is no correction needed. Firstdive, you need to chill....a lot. I didn't say they would be the best, I said you LIKELY wouldn't find better. Think about it before you go riding off on your high horse, Bucko.

..and DiverG, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anybody was best.. you think I'm that new here?

Last edited:
argh. Scubaboard is not what it once was.

you know, when I wrote that line I actually thought that maybe Billindenver or firstdive would have a problem with it. I almost changed the wording, but then I thought "wait, maybe ScubaMau or Aldora or Living Underwater, or whoever Billindenver touts, would be just as good, but in my opinion they wouldn't be any better".

Therefore, my statement stands. I said what I said and there is no correction needed. Firstdive, you need to chill....a lot. I didn't say they would be the best, I said you LIKELY wouldn't find better. Think about it before you go riding off on your high horse, Bucko.

A$$ chewing duelly noted. Your right none of them would be any better. They're all top notch. I did not read the statement correctly please accept my appology. And your right about chilling, you have no idea how my day was. I should not have been bothering with anything. I should know better. It's no excuse for being a jerk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom