Trying to Arrange Jr OW Cert for My Kid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

""I like to know where my instructors where trained and which person trained them. What's the problem with that?""

Ummm.......gotta agree with Susan.....and the "problem with that" is that this person is NOT going to be YOUR instructor........so, sorry "Kev".........in Christi's shoes, I wouldn't answer you either. It's none of your business and she is under no obligation to post the credentials of her employees on a publlc forum to YOU........and THAT is just MY humble opinion.

Well I am looking for an instructor to do some tri-mix stuff with so that's why I asked.
There are dozens of instructors that put their cert. numbers on this board on their avatar.
What the heck is wrong with you, it's a fully respectable question, not put there for anything else but seeing if he's able to teach full tech to the standards I want. Did you not check for references, and check that the instructors you used even had the correct cert. I dont know what you women are protecting but something is not right.
As far as credentials in the scuba world there is nothing to hide, unless your lying and I dont this she is.

I don't think "we women" are protecting anything.......it's just kinda strange that you wouldn't be asking these so called "innocent" questions of your favorite dive op?.......I'm sure Scuba Mau might be able to help ya out..........would you like their email address?

(P.S nice how you highlighted parts of my original post.........hmmm)

Last edited:
"I dont know what you women are protecting but something is not right"

:acid:

"Knock, knock"-

"we women" can smell passive aggressive a mile away.

:giggle:

Good morning everyone! Before this goes any further:

Kevin:

Where did I say that I had a technical instructor on staff? I said I have an SDI Instructor, not a (TDI) technical instructor - he is a standard Scuba Instructor and as such, this thread topic is about Jr. OW - not tech diving. Just because someone is SDI certified does not mean that they are TDI trained.

As others have stated, posting my instructors professional credentials on the public forum is not necessary, appropriate nor is it my obligation to do so - the fact that I didn't/won't is not an indication that I am "hiding" something - it's simply not the place.

I haven't been on the board in several days - it's been crazy busy down here! When I do have a few minutes to log on to the board - I don't read every thread let alone every response. Furthermore, as stated above - where in the TOS does it say that I am obligated to reply to a post?

If someone is genuinely interested in booking a reservation and feels they need to "check out lineage" of an instructor - that is something that is more appropriately handled in private communications. And for what it's worth, I highly doubt you know every instructor trainer out there - so knowing who taught him is really irrelevant.

As far as the credentials of Ramon (my SDI Instructor), he has over 15,000 logged dives and has certified over 800 divers - he's been diving Cozumel for 25+ years. He is not a technical instructor and has absolutely no desire to be one.

As for the original topic of this thread - as Len stated, the situation is handled. Although he himself already had reservations with me, he simply hadn't asked me if I had an instructor available for his son before making this post. We quickly got it sorted out and his son started his certification dives yesterday - and he did great! The port is closed today, so we'll continue when the weather clears up.

Hope this answers everyone's questions!

I'm sure Scuba Mau might be able to help ya out..........would you like their email address?
QUOTE]
You crack me up, you dont think I wouldnt ask? They are Padi only, they have access to an instructor but I dont want access. Do you understand that statement.? Thanks for your input.

Good morning everyone! Before this goes any further:

!
Thanks Christi- I missread the past post and took it as tdi also. My mistake, thanks for clearing that up. I can look elsewhere.
This was not about Len as you had already cleared that up.
Thanks for posting, the guard dogs where getting excited. I get like that too. It's funny how a guy has to be gender nuetral when he posts, our guy stuff doesnt pass well online. Impatience breeds comtempt.
Have a good day off. kev

Thanks Christi- I missread the past post and took it as tdi also. My mistake, thanks for clearing that up. I can look elsewhere.
This was not about Len as you had already cleared that up.
Thanks for posting, the guard dogs where getting excited. I get like that too. It's funny how a guy has to be gender nuetral when he posts, our guy stuff doesnt pass well online. Impatience breeds comtempt.
Have a good day off. kev

No worries Kev.

German Yanez is a tech instructor (Cave and Trimix) and is highly respected around here. There's also Roli of Dive Cozumel who is very good as well as a guy named Oliver, but his last name escapes me right now.

Last edited:
It's funny how a guy has to be gender nuetral when he posts, our guy stuff doesnt pass well online.

It's not "guy stuff." It's "A-hole stuff."

I can't claim that I'm never an A-hole, but please don't lump all of us guys in together.

Whether you actually have, as was poetically stated, a bug up your butt about Christi or not it certainly sounds as if you do. That's the case in this thread as well as in many others.

Maybe that's not at all how you feel. Please accept my assurance that it IS how you come across. If that's not what you intend, perhaps you should let your posts rest a bit before you actually send them to give you an opportunity to re-read them after some time has passed to see if they really sound the way you want them to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom