Trying to keep my fins in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zackalack8999:
Rich beat me to it, usually, when i'm at the surface, my bc is almost completely deflated, so I use the minimum amount of weight during a dive. If I need to decend I swim down the first few feet and then it's much easier. This would allow you to be much lower in the water. I don't know if this is the correct way to go about doing things, I'm not very experienced, but it has worked for me in the past.

edit: take into account, all of my dives have been in 7 ml wetsuits with about 25 pounds of weight on the belt/ integrated.

And you're not finding yourself mad buoyant at the end of the dive (6# swing on an AL80)?

Thanks for all these great instructions!!!! I will try some of them out!

And you're not finding yourself mad buoyant at the end of the dive (6# swing on an AL80)?
Surprisingly not. I can usually maintain my buoyancy till i'm at about five feet in depth then I come up to the top.

I also agree with Rich...a fully inflated bc puts you on the surface to high...try that too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom