TSA = Idiots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I travel with the CCR, lights, camera gear, etc. pretty frequently and have come up with a few strageties. First off, anything delicate or expensive should stay with you at all times. For me, that means the rebreather head, electronics, inchonel sphere (it looks like a bomb) and the camera (which I usually just put in the housing and carry it on like that. I bring the manual for the rebreather so I can explain it. I warn the agents when I put the bag on the conveyer that there's dive gear in there that they will want to have a look at. I also leave about an extra 40 minutes because I know they will unpack everything and swab it and ask a bazillian questions. Most times I put the cannister light and back up lights in checked luggage and I have not had a problem, but I guess I'll rethink that one now. Good luck!

It sounds like you are a good little american. Follow the rules, don't object, get in line..... But, in the end you will also get f...ed as you exist for the needs of the government.

Dale

you're not really calling drug trafficking an "honest living", or am i reading your post the wrong way?

afaic there is no "in their defense" excuse for doing anything illegal, even more so from the very people that are supposedly responsible for our security
we pay through the nose for this so called "security" in part of the taxes they add to our airfare...airfare $150 taxes $450...something's wrong with this picture
yes, they are paid crap minimum wage, but so are thousands of other people and they don't resort to criminal behavior, they got get a second job to make ends meet, or just plain and simple live on what they have

Yes, you did read it wrong, I said MOST, not ALL are trying to make an honest living!! And wages have nothing to do with criminal behavior as I stated you have people doing criminal things from the CEOs to janitors, from Millionaires to the poor. As with most things you get a few bad people in a group and you say the whole group is bad, unless it's a group you're associated with. Sometimes they are a pain in the A**. I don't really think they are preventing terrorism, but because we have this " the sky is falling, end of the world" attitude about everything now, we feel like you have to do something when something happens. Whether it's a man made disaster, or a natural disaster, what can we do so this never happens again!!

"most" of the men and women at TSA do a great job of trying to protect us. It's a nearly impossible job because they can't allow a single failure. So that means things screw up from time to time.

I actually work for DHS. In theory, that gets me thru airport security lines fast. In practice....it takes me longer than "civilians". And in spite of my great security clearence....i still have to take off my shoes, open my laptop and let them paw thru my stuff. I'm not event going to mention the ordeal when i fly with my checked firearm.

"most" of the men and women at TSA do a great job of trying to protect us. It's a nearly impossible job because they can't allow a single failure. So that means things screw up from time to time.

Oh, they do a fine job. So far, TSA searches have detected thousands of cases of fake boobs ... blondes who aren't, really ... females who aren't, really ... and a few serious cases of hemorrhoids. But they've yet to detect a single terrorist ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, they do a fine job. So far, TSA searches have detected thousands of cases of fake boobs ... blondes who aren't, really ... females who aren't, really ... and a few serious cases of hemorrhoids. But they've yet to detect a single terrorist ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

See - It's working. :cool2:

I actually work for DHS. In theory, that gets me thru airport security lines fast. In practice....it takes me longer than "civilians". And in spite of my great security clearence....i still have to take off my shoes, open my laptop and let them paw thru my stuff. I'm not event going to mention the ordeal when i fly with my checked firearm.

That's why you don't check it.

Yes, you did read it wrong,

my apologies then

---------- Post added April 26th, 2012 at 04:36 PM ----------

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

lets not forget Dave Barry's blurred groin :rofl3:

I have found that by leaving a few set rat traps between my cloths in my checked baggage has greatly reduced the ammount of times my bag has been rummaged through. Of course, the traps are not there for the TSA, they are there because I 1. have a fear fo vermin, and 2. I dont like introducing invasive species to new areas. Im just doing my part for the envireonment. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom