TSA Stupidity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scary thought...

The government that brought you airline safety with the TSA is the same government that wants to bring you national health insurance.

Scary thought...

The government that brought you airline safety with the TSA is the same government that wants to bring you national health insurance.

What do you think inaction, in either case, would bring?

By government and airline rules that TSA must follow, it is considered a restraint device, thus prohibited, much as cable ties or hand cuffs.

Pacific rim countries seem to always confiscate tape, as well.

Out of CHECKED baggage they have to confiscate it?:confused:
I frequently check firearms, but tape is not OK?

I know this thread is about TSA, but what about the stupidity of some of the airline baggage rules. Last march I flew to St. Croix and wanted to pack a 13 cft bailout cylinder in my checked baggage. I called JetBlue and asked them if there was anything I needed to do with the cylinder (other than remove the valve). I was told by multiple representatives that pressure cylinders were prohibited on their airline, even if the valve was removed. I got nowhere asking if I called it an aluminum flower vase if that would work. I was informed if it was found in checked baggage, it would be discarded. Thanks a lot JetBlue:shakehead:

I just like the look on the Security persons face when they realized they just freaked out over SCUBA gear.
What's real fun is trying to explain to them that the X-ray is set too sensitive because it picked up the orthopedic hardware in my legs and feet. Happens almost everytime at SFO.

I
I travel a lot and see many instances where a TSA agent could have handled something better, but the bottom line is, we have't been attacked since 9/11 thier job is to keep us safer.

Steve

Logical fallacy known as "post hoc, ergo propter hoc."

why would anyone even bother trying to get anything through the customer end of the airport. I wouldn't, its dumb when there are so many other ways. how about on a lunch tray via the catering service? through maintenance?

well, unfortunately it's even easier than that.

If you're listed as a "known shipper" in the TSA program for shipping freight, your air freight, which is often put on commercial airline passenger flights, is rarely checked.

a simple pressure switch would be all someone needed.... :shakehead:

You'd just have less specific choices of flights as it might go on several different flight options based on freight load for the day, pricing, time, etc....

So as long as it's government it must be good eh?

Quite the contrary~ and some few Canadians have a good knowledge base on that. Living as close as you do to the land of milk and honey, it must be a daily reminder. I agree with you, but that's off-point.

Just quit blaming the enforcement agent. Your anger at TSA is misdirected.

You're the one that started this thread- and you have yet to clarify if the pressure cylinders being sealed were the cause of this incident.

What's the real point here? Bash TSA? Bash the US Govt? Have at it, but be up-front about it.

I prefer to think about SCUBA related travel issues. Otherwise, this belongs in another forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom