Tues July 27 Weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm back too. Started the diet again after a three(?) month break. Lack of willpower.

Unfortunately, I put on ten pounds in those three months. Now I'm at 287.

How in the hell do people "maintain" their weight when they are off a diet??? Or do you just never drop off the diet? I can do this for a few months at a time, but if I have to do this FOREVER, I might as well just die now and skip all that pain.

Disgruntled in Colorado

Robert,

You need to make a lifestyle change, if you don't, you will be battling with your weight the rest of your life. I'm not saying you can't have all foods....but you just can't have all of them every day.

Yes, I know I can't have McDonalds for breakfast, Pizza Hut for lunch and Taco Bell for dinner....why? I'll gain weight for sure....yes, I only had three meals that day, but look what I had!!! saturated fat, sodium and nary a vegetable to be had.

Once you change your mindset to the "lifestyle change" and away from the "I'm on a diet" you'll be more successful.

Check out this site for a dose of motivation and message boards on weight loss.

www.dwlz.com

Diver Lori:
Once you change your mindset to the "lifestyle change" and away from the "I'm on a diet" you'll be more successful.

This has got to be the hardest part of any weight-loss program. I think I battle this harder than I do any craving.

It's easy to change your mindset. It's really freaking hard to keep it changed when it's been three months and the other guys in the office get pizza delivered, or the boss treats everyone to Starbucks.

Well, I've got my goals in sight. Roatan on 30 October. I fully intend to stick to the diet like glue until that date, not counting the SB slip I had this morning.

I'm down 1 lb. this week. That makes a total of 45lbs. since Feb.

I too have struggled all my life losing weight, but this time I think I have it right. It just "feels" different. I've certainly had temptations and slip ups, but I've gotten right back on track. As Diver Lori said, it's a lifestyle change. I don't think I could have done it 20 yrs. ago.

Good Luck all,
Dennis

Haven't lost or gained. A bit disappointed since I really was expecting to see a loss after working out a bit more than usual. Oh well- just got to work harder.

First weigh-in since 16 June. -4 lbs. since then. Able to move the belt one notch since I started. Yay.

I am down 1lb this week. Slow but steady. Congratulations everyone and keep up the good work.

No gain, no loss, lots of diving to battle the 3 Venti Soy Lattes I have everyday.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom