Turks and Cacos Turtles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rluper

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I looked a little but didn't find too much. Wife and I are going on cruise stopping at Turks and Cacos, Nassau, and Moon Cay... I saw turks and Cacos has sharks and possibly sea turtles, we really want to dive and see some sea turtles.

Any information on best place/time to sight these? We'll be there early march.
Thanks!

I might go with these people - they seem to have some familiarity with turtles...lol:

Grand Turk Scuba Diving: Blue Water Divers, Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands

Stuart Cove's is the cruise operator on Nassau - http://www.stuartcove.com/DiveBahamasMgmt.aspx?id=2&pageId=51 If you're on Holland America, you book thru the cruise - near the bottom of the page ^.

Half Moon Cay is the H.A. private island. Afaik the only dive option is thru them.

thanks yall... the grand turk scuba I already contacted and we will be going through them... definitely seem reputable. The picture kind of boosted my spirits too of the chance of seeing a sea turtle, lol. They said that there is a good chance of seeing them at a few of the dive sites... I'm hoping for best!

We are too poor to dive at more than one place, so two tanks at grand turk will be enough :(
Thanks again.

Thanks for mentioning the turtles. I will be diving there in mid March and was looking for some info. Looks like we might see some migrating whales too.

FWIW, I was in GT 2 weeks ago diving for a week and saw at least a half-dozen hawksbills, one that the DM was almost petting. I'm pretty sure they cruise around and graze at most dive sites along the wall. Not sure if any one site is a sure bet, I guess you take your chances, but the DMs at Blue Water will know more.

Back
Top Bottom