Turks & Caicos Islands - New Years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here are a couple of photos taken while in the Turks & Caicos Islands over New Years aboard the Aggressor. Feel free to comment or critique.

Grouper_small_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

TCI_small4_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

TCI_small3_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

Nudi_small_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

Crab_small_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

TCI_small2_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

TCI_small_Copyright_Greg_Avila_2007.jpg

H20Bubbles:
Here are a couple of photos taken while in the Turks & Caicos Islands over New Years aboard the Aggressor. Feel free to comment or critique.
The only thing that's going to keep me from telling you that you suck is we're doing the Aggressor in May. :mooner:

Nice shots, I especially like the wide angle with the diver. It's cool to see the Flamingo Tongue in the shot. What setup were you using?

I'd love to hear more details about the trip...

All of the photos were taken using a Canon PowerShot A620, in the Canon housing, with an Ikelite DS50 strobe.

All I can say about the trip was... I didn't ever want to come home. The boat and crew were fabulous, and we absolutely loved the diving. In fact, we were seriously tempted to put down the credit card for a second week - damn the prospect of getting fired.

In know that you dive Cozumel and enjoy it - we love it too. But we have to say that the Turks & Caicos made Cozumel look barren. During the week, we frequently saw sharks, dolphins, turtles, stingrays, eagle rays, octopus, and much more. The amount of life that is present was simply amazing.

Anything else you want to know, drop me a PM. All I have to say is that you are going to absolutely love the T&C and the Aggressor. We are already planning our next trip back.

My friend Steve (O'Malley) just got back from T&C as well and he echoed everything you just said. I'm still waiting on his "official" trip report (hint hint).

As much as we love Cozumel (which will always be #1 in our hearts), we haven't been anywhere else in at least 3 years so we're looking forward to it, trust me! We're getting there 5 days before the boat leaves so we can do some land based diving and sight-seeing too.

Nice shots, thanks for sharing...I, also, particularly like the second photo. I know what you mean about not leaving...midweek, I was begining to look at the next week and trying to reschedule some meetings. However, the weather towards the end of the week was becoming stormy and we decided to not change our plans.

We made a few dives in the vicinity of the Aggressor, sure looks like a nice vessel.

How do you like the DS50? I will be adding a second strobe in the coming months...meanwhile, I have to get my DS125 repaired as it puttered out once again.

I'm still waiting on his "official" trip report (hint hint)

Yeah, yeah...:14:

O'Malley:
How do you like the DS50?

I am pleased with it for the type of shots that I am taking with the current setup. As my housing doesn't have any TTL, I primarily utilize the Ikelite manual controller for moderating the strobe.

I am looking to house my Canon D20 and will likely be upgrading to the DS125 when I go that route. As a whole, it has better features (recycle time, modeling light, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom