Turneffe Island Resort, April 12-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish!

Been there twice for a total of three weeks. The second time we did hook up with a fellow SBder so it's possible.

Have fun. You're going to love it. Say hello to Brad, Marcel, John and Daniel (the dive crew) for me. Good guys.

As Downing said, you're going to love it. We haven't been there for a couple of years, but it's the only place we have returned too three times. We frequently discuss a 4th trip, and I suspect it's inevitable.

One of the things we always enjoy about the place is that there tends to be a really interesting mix of guests there... Lots of well-edumacated folks... Professors and Judges and PhDs and Doctors... All of which makes for interesting chats after dinner. (Incidentally, I am "none of the above", but Mrs. Stoo is a PhD-type, so I am allowed to go...)

I love to tell a story about how I picked up a bit of an ear infection there and I was debating taking some antibiotics which I had with me. (Not a bad thing to take, given the remote location). A "Doctor" who was there suggested I should, as it wouldn't "do any harm". Later in the week, he asked if he could steal some of my photos for his desktop. I was happy to share, so he came to our cabin with a thumb-drive. When I opened the drive up, there were a few files there... One I couldn't help but notice, was called "Nobel Acceptance"! WTF? I asked about it and apparently his research partner had won a Nobel Peace Prize in medicine and had sadly, passed away before he could accept the award. As his research partner, my new "Doctor" accepted the award on his behalf... I joked with him when I saw this, telling him that I didn't feel as though I could afford his services anymore. He assured me that I need not worry, as he didn't actually know how to send a bill, having spent his life in academia... :wink:

We continue to stay in touch with many of the people we have met there...

---------- Post added April 1st, 2014 at 11:47 AM ----------

Oh, by the way Scubagolf, if you really want to have a fellow SB-er there, feel free to book a room for me. I'll pick up the airfare and meet you there!

You're welcome... It's just the kinda guy I am... :D

Back
Top Bottom