tusa active purge assist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

batman diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone used this ? what is it exactly , all i can gather is it helps inflate the bc quicker ?

Whenever I hear a fancy combination of words like this...that I cannot actually understand... it makes me cringe.

'Active Buoyancy Engagement Plop'

'Dynamic Inflation Containment Fart'

'Intelligent Dumping Technology Parp'

Here's what TUSA have to say about it... http://www.tusa.com/shop/active-purge-assist-p-265-c-15_20.html

TUSA’s Active Purge Assist system is a revolutionary BCJ accessory technology. This pneumatically assisted purge system and newly designed OPEV (Over Pressure Exhaust Valve) offers significantly enhanced flow rates over a standard inflator system, which allows for immediate purge and inflation response.

Additionally, the A.P.A. is incredibly streamlined reducing drag and bulkiness. The system is designed for low-maintenance and easy care reducing inflator malfunctions and is standard on select TUSA BCJ’s or available as an add-on replacement accessory.
In common English....

It's a new Low Pressure Inflator, which inflates and deflates quicker...and it's a little bit thinner than the ones we made before
Of course... most novice divers have problems with fine-tuning their buoyancy, and many of those problems stem from being too heavy handed with the LPI. So..increasing the flow rates is likely to just exacerbate those problems....

Zero-to-Fully Inflated in 00.03 seconds is not a feature that's gonna benefit many divers...

Zero-to-Fully Inflated in 00.03 seconds is not a feature that's gonna benefit many divers...

Hmm, sounds like a vehicle airbag strapped to your back.

wow , so fast like that ... thats crazy ....so its more of a gimic probably ... ha ha if that inflator gets stuck gonna have a prob :)

I'm conceptually visualising illustrating MAD Magazines as a kid.

PFFFT!

Smarter than school.

The point being that you don't have to raise the inflator/deflator hose over your head to let it purge air - just route the hose by your side and press the button.

Looks similar to the Mares Dragon Airtrim idea except you can add it to any of the new Tusa BCD's for about $65.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom