Tusa or Atomic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tusa SF-15 or Smoke on the water. I have tried both. The smoke on the water was too stiff for me, I got rid of it. I have 3 pairs of SF-15. and 1 SF-8 black. The black SF-15/8 has a stiffer compound then the Yellow, Red, Blue, or White. I either use the SF-15 black or Apollo splits.

And No cave/wreck/Tech with splits period.

I'm between the Tusa sf-15 x-pert zoom z3 or the Atomic Smoke on Water. What do you guys recommend? Do any of you have experience with either or both? Which one do you guys prefer or maybe have another option you think is better? Thanks!

Scubapro Seawing Novas or Gorillas, very easy on the legs, plenty of power, light weight, worth a look?. I have read by people who have used both say that they are similar to splits in ease of use. I have tried splits but not for long enough to really give a meaningful opinion. FWIW the Smokes have been rated very highly by many users and a couple of dive mags.

I first used smoke on the water to help get my sac down and it did. I still use it for warm water vacation diving. But I now use a paddle type fin for all other diving.

more power, more control.

so after looking at different options, I bought the mares x-stream. I'm hoping to be able to jump in the pool to try them out tomorrow. Have any of you had experience with this type of fin?

so after looking at different options, I bought the mares x-stream. I'm hoping to be able to jump in the pool to try them out tomorrow. Have any of you had experience with this type of fin?

Its never a good idea asking about a product after you've bought it unless you can return it:wink:

(I replied in your other thread)

Yeah I have 30 days to return it. Thanks!

Yes! I really like them, I haven't been Scuba diving with them yet but I tried them in the pool and snorkeling and I'm liking them so far! My husband has the Scuba pro twin jet max and I like them a little better just because it has a bit more resistance. No complaints so far!

I had the Atomic SMOTW as well as Subapro twin Jets and tried Oceanic Vortex. The Atomics were the best and If I had to absolutly buy another pair of Split Fins it would the Atomics... Much better in my opinon it had a stiffer feel to the blade and seemed to give little more propulsion and not as much give but yet a very easy fin to move. you could also do other finning kicks with these fins "turns, frog" albeit was not the greatest but could be done and way better than others...

However if your just looking for a different fin and have no leg or calf issue's I would recomend going with something like (XS scuba turtles or Scubapro jets) If not those then look at the (Hollis F1's, or OMS which are all pretty equal) Or possibly The hollis F2's which have only seen online not in person nor tried but heard few good things....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom