Twin Jet Full-foot Fin Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J_Rod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello SP Reps,

I have a pair of these fins....LOVE them....problem is, the pull tabs on the backs were apparently not meant to be used, because BOTH have torn off. I have cut the jagged "V" into a uniform "U" and have been using the fins for about 5 dives. Not sure how much more the heal of the foot pocket will take before tearing out while putting the fins on. I was told the foot pocket was guaranteed for life. Is this true? Would this be covered?

Last edited:
What was it that through this off?? Split fin question...or warranty??? :letsparty: I'm sure I'm not the only one who has torn those things off.

You disappoint me, Scubapro.....I hear that's not surprising, these days...get it together.

They're seldom on the board. Go to your LDS and let them answer.

They're seldom on the board. Go to your LDS and let them answer.

Thank you for the response. I noticed that, in the comment dates, but figured I was patient enough to catch someone on here. Perhaps this is a contributing factor to their declining customer service ratings...that, and the state of the industry, over the last cpl of decades, of course. Hopefully, things have turned around, though. My LDS is a big reason I stuck with SP. Seems like the industry has deemed "marketing" WAY more important with colors and materials that increase margins, rather than actual significant design improvments. The negative for the manufacturers in that, is now a few bad social media posts, can affect business in a meaningful way. Thank you again, for your response.

To be honest, SP has pretty good customer service. You do have to contact them through a shop however. Their business model is predicated on the LDS so most interaction has to happen there. I have had nothing but good experience dealing with Jules and his team in California. I'll call them later today and get an answer for you.

I most certainly, appreciate the assistance. :)

Please post a picture or two. I'll do the rest.

20170609_181535.jpg
20170609_181508.jpg
20170609_181443.jpg

Here's the deal. If you have proof of purchase, showing you to be the original owner, you should be good to go. Just bring them in with your receipt to a SP dealer near you and they should be able to return them to SP for replacement. When did you buy them?

Back
Top Bottom