Twin Lakes or Tiki Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagleguy

New
Reaction score
My girlfriend (recently certified) and myself will be headed to Florida next month for some spring diving, and are looking for a good local place to do some practice. Since she got certified at Blue Lagoon, I'd like to try something else.

I've read a bit on both Twin Lakes and Tiki Lake (formerly known as The Reef) - anyone have any recent reports on either? Looking to do some diving this weekend, and would like to try one..

Recommendations?

I haven't been to Twin Lakes in about 3 weeks but that would still be my suggestion. I like to get there early so I can get a few dives in and get home before it gets to crowded.

Zeagleguy:
My girlfriend (recently certified) and myself will be headed to Florida next month for some spring diving, and are looking for a good local place to do some practice. Since she got certified at Blue Lagoon, I'd like to try something else.

I've read a bit on both Twin Lakes and Tiki Lake (formerly known as The Reef) - anyone have any recent reports on either? Looking to do some diving this weekend, and would like to try one..

Recommendations?

Twin Lakes...Get there early, find a nice spot and enjoy. See: www.scubapark.net

Regards,

Definately TL!

Beast and I will be at TL Sunday around 10-ish. We'll be in a gold-ish Honda Element. Texass (Des) is down from Dallas and I think there'll be a few others.

Zeagleguy:
Thanks for all the suggestions - looks like I'll be at Twin Lakes this weekend! :D

Well, spent a couple of hours at TL this (Saturday) morning. Vis was about 8-10', not bad, but not quite as good as I've seen at Blue Lagoon, either. Fish (perch and bass) were an interesting distraction, seemed somewhat aggressive (got nipped on my shin once and ear (ouch!) once).

Will probably go back to practice navigation, play with new equipment, keep current with skills, etc. Nice, but not going to be there every weekend (or even once a month). ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom