Twinset Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chilly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering going to twin 12's or 10's. I don't see this as becoming "Technical" but as a means to reduce the weight on my belt while giving myself extra redundancy. (Most of my local diving is cold and can be challenging)

Some people are very certain that an Isolation Manifold is the best way to configure. I know several people who dive twins with independent regs/guages and are very happy with it. I understand the argument against independent regs is to reduce task loading and have a handle on total supply through a single SPG. However when I look at a Manifold drill to isolate a failure underwater that looks like task loading to me!

Any thoughts?

Whatever makes you comfortable is fine by me. Incidently, over here you might have a hard time getting on a cattle boat with twins - also I kinda agree with your comment on task loading, but I disagree with using 2 reg sets (unless they are warranted - which might be true in cold-water dives?)

Back
Top Bottom