Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like how there isnt a chance in hell they surfaced where they said they did, the fact they left the lagoon and how the views of 20+ people on the charter conflict with their version of things.
They screwed up, they lied, they used the screwup to make a massive amount of money.

It is amazing how to intelligent people can read exactly the same version of events and come up with opposite conclusions.

I'm glad the offical investigators agreed with me though, it seems to me there is no other rational explanation.

It is amazing how to intelligent people can read exactly the same version of events and come up with opposite conclusions.

I'm glad the offical investigators agreed with me though, it seems to me there is no other rational explanation.
Doesn’t seem a rational conclusion, I have to wonder what the investigators know that we armchair type don’t. :D

Also good ideas...
White trash bag to float on water for planes to spot
12.jpg

[/B]

White probably wouldn't stand out so good against cloud and surf when viewed from the air, which is why SMB's are Dayglow Oranges and Yellows

You'd be far better off spreading out a large lift bag than carrying a rubbish bag. Its also less likely to get lost and cause chaos for boat engines or marine life.

60lb yellow lift bag unrolled even uninflated is very visible. Of course a proper (delayed) SMB or 2 is even better.

In short they screwed up (deliberately or otherwise), lied about it to save face and became very rich. At best its a cynical money making scheme. My opinion may change if 100% of that is donated to search and rescue services but otherwise i think its just sick.

String, don't you know you aren't allowed to form your own opinions?? What the hell is wrong with you dude?

Geez!!

:wink:

White probably wouldn't stand out so good against cloud and surf when viewed from the air, which is why SMB's are Dayglow Oranges and Yellows
Yep, wish I could find some orange ones - as far as a cheap, little add-on goes. There are several alternatives in the Scuba industry, i.e. larger lift bags, large red banners that float, etc. It's been my experience that experienced Instructors like these carry the least in signal devises, but they never have reported on what they carried have they?

Jenn, you and String are welcome to your opinions. :silly:

Here is a link to "Graingers" for 55 gal. orange trash bags:

Janitorial & Painting > Trash Bags and Liners > Trash Bags > Liner,37x57 In,PK 100 : Grainger Industrial Supply

Here is another link for colored trash bags:

Colored Trash Bags
Haha, thanks. I did find some sites that offered similar deals. Just could not get interested in $63/100 ct package plus 23# freight. I do have a large trash can for dry trash since my house is too large for me anyway, but I've been using the same bag for 2 years. I dump it in the dumpster and reuse it. Also have one for recyclables, but it gets reused over and over. I don't bag lawn trash, so we're talking a lifetime supply here.

Except the 55 gal would be overkill for me anyway; I think they're 30 for 33 gallon, so then we're looking at 200/$79 or $91 plus freight. Hehe, thanks but I may just get a bigger SMB next time I feel the urge to add-on. I already look like a walking scuba store boarding, tho.

In short they screwed up (deliberately or otherwise), lied about it to save face and became very rich. At best its a cynical money making scheme. My opinion may change if 100% of that is donated to search and rescue services but otherwise i think its just sick.

I think I'll trust the investigators report :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom