Two tone cookies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
@Mermaid Stacy needed a few cookies, so I d-loaded an STL file of a six sided one from thingiverse, which was fine... But then I thought how hard would these be to design and personalize? So I made one for Stacy and she wanted pink...

1676301270532.png

I continued to play with the file and made one for myself and I thought it was bland. Who wants a bland cookie? So, I googled how to pause printing with Cura and was not disappointed. Super easy Extensions => post processing => modify g-code => pause at height. My first extrusion was 2mm, so I set it to 2.1mm height. Nope. There was a thin film of the second color, so I went to 2.4. Unfortunately, I set it to extrude 3mm and that created a blob under my C. I'm printing again with it set to 0. I also added a hole at the top, so I can use it as a gear tag.

1676301106183.png

I designed this in OnShape.com and you can go here to copy it and adjust it to work for you!

I saw cookies and I like COOKIES ... but alas ... you're talking about those cookies. You're a tease.

They really, really pop. Here are Stacy's new cookies being printed. As you can see, she prefers hot pink!

1676333252283.png

They really, really pop. Here are Stacy's new cookies being printed. As you can see, she prefers hot pink!

What some people will go through to hide their love of hot pink... don't worry, your secrets safe with us! :rofl3:

Awesome work.. very cool. What is the benefit of an octagon cookies vs an arrow? (I don't know).

Awesome work.. very cool. What is the benefit of an octagon cookies vs an arrow? (I don't know).
Cookies are traditionally a circle and do not show the direction of an exit, which could confuse a panicking cave diver trying to exit the cave with no lights. However, if you place your cookie on the line you came in on, then it still shows a direction, without confusing any subsequent divers. It's traditional, and even pragmatic, to personalize your cookies in such a way that you can ID them in the dark. So, I chose a hexagonal shape with both a raised border and a name in the center. Further pushing the design, I have made it into a name tag using the same technique of pausing the print at a certain height and changing the filament. However, I think I'll increase the size of the next run of nametags in Cura by 20% to increase the size of the text. Here are pics of Stacy's new arrows before any clean-up and my SB name badge.

1676376565413.png

1676376586535.png

I just got a DM asking what the specs were for printing. Ender 3 S1 Pro using Hatchbox PLA with extruder temp set to 208C and the bed temp set to 65C. The blue/purple silk PLA on the border of my nametag was from AMolen.

Back
Top Bottom