two 'undeserved hits' in 7 days - help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you! I am learning a lot. You are finding great studies. Do you think it would be considered right leg involvement AND right arm involvement if my original symptoms were pain in right hip area and tingling/numbness in right leg only. It was a full month later that the neuro found right arm weakness...Also, are ACF's 'white spots'? and do you know if there is a correlation between spots and DCI?

Hello tinglelegs :

Neurological signs and DCS are not easy to decipher, so I cannot give an answer to your first question.

The white spots and high intensities are the same thing as far as I understand. There is some correlation with incidence of DCS. However, non-divers also have these white spots on MRI.

Dr Deco :doctor:

JahJahwarrior:
Maybe it should be called "computer caused hit" instead, but heck, that won't happen until we stop calling Cuttlefish a fish.....

or the advanced course the advanced course..:D

Hello everyone,
I've decided to get this 'large' PFO closed. The two white spots are mini-strokes. A cardiologist here in Utah comes highly recommended, so if I do it here I'll use him. After many phone calls it looks like I can expect to pay about 25k since we cancelled our insurance 3 months ago (damn). Any ideas? I found a place in India that will do it for 10k - all expenses including air...but yikes.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom