Typical tdi deco procedures advanced nitrox course length.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The actual course time won't take that long. You can probably get it done in 5-7 days. Depending on how many dives your instructor wants to do with you, and where you dive, may add substantially to the course time though. For me, it stretched out many months, but that was primarily because several of our training trips got blown out.

6 dives + 6 hours clasroom is minimum for TDI AN/DP combo.

3 and half days if you came prepared and eveything goes exceptionally well

In reality, usually 5-6 days. Overhead, even virtual, should not be taken lightly.

Remember, this is tech training. You are not getting your card until you meet the course standards, even if it takes 2 weeks.

@abnfrog told me during discussions in my ITT class that he’s seen only “very turned on” students do it in 4 days.

I’m planning on 3 weekends (6 days) for my AN/DP class next summer (local instructor).

It took the better part of 6 months mostly due to the dives being blown out more often than not and schedules aligning. I'm in New England. I imagine in other areas it may be easier (more boats, fairer weather, etc).

It is very much the exception to complete in 4-7 days.......typically 8-10 is more realistic. This course can be very bare bones and taught to minimum standard or as the instructor feels appropriate for the environment.

I forgot to mention that the 6 days for my AN/DP course next year doesn't include the classroom portion. That will be done separately in the late winter.

2 dives a day with class in the afternoon, six dives minimum - we added advanced wreck and did ten dives. We did wreck stuff and skills on the bottom, deco stuff and skills on the ascent - I can say that we worked all ten dives and it wouldn't hurt to do some more.

I think there's a bunch of underlying knowledge or an absorbtion of experience that needs to occur along with the seemingly simple skills that you learn - don't take the class lightly or short - there's bunches to it with the right instructor for you.

For years I taught it as a four day course but I had a large number of people that couldn't complete it in that time frame because they lacked fundamental skills. I'm currently teaching it as a five day course but require someone to have completed intro to tech or intro to cave (i.e. sufficient experience in twin cylinders coming into AN/DP) prior to starting the program. Someone that doesn't have intro to tech will take 7 or 8 days.

I also place a heavy emphasis on AN/DP being a blue water deco program. If you live in Florida and ever think you'll go diving down south, you're going to be doing drift deco -- the first time you do that shouldn't be on your own.

Talked to a bunch of people. It really depends on your current skill level.

As I had a lot of dives on sidemount and was well past my Full Cave (i.e. fine-tuned fundamental skills) + read many books on deco theory etc, doing the ANDP in 4 days (until certified) was easy. Then I did 4 more dives with that instructor just because I wanted to further train some of the things. But many people do it the other way around and AN/DP is the first real tech course... Then it's easily more.

For many of my friends, that was the case (recently switched to doubles, for instance) so it took them 5-7 days.

If you need to work on fundamental skills, the conditions are hard, etc... Reserve 7 days to be sure.

Personally, I think tech courses are a ton of fun, no reason to rush through them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom