UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

24C yesterday at Martini and Inch 2, warmer than the summer

Was in stealth mode at Inch 2 which was really busy, trying to sneak up on a small crocodile fish to get a nice portrait shot when wham, slapped by a fin from one of three vertical swimming divers who apparently did not see me hovering over the bottom (so I guess my stealth mode must have been fantastic!), resulting in scaring the damn fish away and causing a mini sand storm.

Bloody pajeros, swore loudly at them and I am sure they heard. Apparently they were part of a three groups of divers dropped off at three different dive sites from Sandy Beach Hotel dive boat. Nice to know that particular dive op does not include safety as part of its operations.

Oh and this was as close as I got to the crocodile fish

UAE_9827Csig_zpsfe20002f.jpg

Great shots Stewart, far too many people on the wreck when I was there to look for tiny stuff, sand and silt being kicked up all over the place, thought I was clear of it around 5M from the stern on the starboard side but that proved wrong in the end.

I believe DD is running a trip to Inch 10 next Saturday, are you up for it?

Maybe we should establish some sort of underwater police - so many of our divers are seriously pissed off with 4 certain operators: you just know chaos is about to happen when you see their boats on the dive sites. Arrrrrgggghhhhhhh :( Gordon, I have 5 bookings for the Inch 10 trip so far...........need 2 more........... Stewart is not coming :(

Unfortunately I am slumming it in the Banyan Tree Al Wadi this Fri/Sat. Gordon make sure you take a close look at the anchor line on descent/ascent - has quite a few little surprises on it.

Maybe we should establish some sort of underwater police - so many of our divers are seriously pissed off with 4 certain operators: you just know chaos is about to happen when you see their boats on the dive sites. Arrrrrgggghhhhhhh :( Gordon, I have 5 bookings for the Inch 10 trip so far...........need 2 more........... Stewart is not coming :(

Thought the minimum number was SIX .... are you diving with us?

Has Alastair booked?

Unfortunately I am slumming it in the Banyan Tree Al Wadi this Fri/Sat. Gordon make sure you take a close look at the anchor line on descent/ascent - has quite a few little surprises on it.

Woos ha ha .... will check it out, what lens do you recommend 60, 85 or 105?

Well its a toss up really. A lot of the Nudis are on steroids there, but some of the interesting ones as well as the skeleton shrimp are pretty small. I normally go with a teleconverter and +10 dioptre. I'd say get as close as you can as there can be quite a bit of sediment in the water if the currents kick up

I can get 2:1 with my 85mm with +10 wet dioptre so might opt for that instead of the 105mm with Macro Mate

Bloody weather, 2M waves stopped play yesterday, and made for an interesting "Abandon Boat" swim back to shore, that was fun :D

Glad I kept my mask on for the return journey

Karin, show this pic to John, I do believe he likes pipefish, hope you enjoyed the mince pie, SC has baked more, so will bring a few over next week

UAE_9917M1Csig_zps1421257d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom