UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bloody weather, 2M waves stopped play yesterday, and made for an interesting "Abandon Boat" swim back to shore, that was fun :D

Glad I kept my mask on for the return journey

Karin, show this pic to John, I do believe he likes pipefish, hope you enjoyed the mince pie, SC has baked more, so will bring a few over next week

UAE_9917M1Csig_zps1421257d.jpg

That's a great shot Searcaigh!!

Shukran Burhan,

Discarded 5 others, was difficult getting the right position as well as the eye in focus.

Did you get your new toys yet?

Shukran Burhan,

Discarded 5 others, was difficult getting the right position as well as the eye in focus.

Did you get your new toys yet?

Just the new batteries so far :)

I am having a battery charging/discharging party.

I am hoping that all pieces will be all in this week so that they would ship by end of week.

Water temps last few days 23C on CC, Inch 2 and 3 Rocks.

Seems Al Doom were not allowed out yesterday as the CG informed them it was too rough ???? Seemed flat calm to me .... they must use Wind Guru :rofl3:

Some seven species of nudis on Inch 2 yesterday, ran out of time using EAN32 though barely managed to look on the deck and only one circumference of the wreck in 65 mins total dive time.

Favourite shot from Inch 2

UAE_9980MCsig_zps8479f74f.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Burhan, I usually dive with Divers Down or Scuba 2000, usually call beforehand to find out what the schedule is first.

DD do one tank dives and total of three per day (usually), Scuba 2000 do a two tank dive, sometimes twice a day. If I stay overnight there and am the only customer it is possible to get off really early which is excellent, and not impossible to be coming up from a dive on Inch 1 when the next boat deposits its divers in the water :D

Sometimes Scuba 2000 do an afternoon two tank dive, usually in the summer though, currently with sunset at around 17:35 ish it would be pushing it, but they do night dives at Three Rocks (Sharm Rocks / Pinnacles)

Do you stay with S2000 in one of their rooms?

I dove with them about 3 weeks ago and we had them 3 dives that day for the 3 of us.

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 03:04 PM ----------

When I have to go that far, I always want to do 3 dives.

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 03:04 PM ----------

Would they go out with just 1 diver (S2000)?

Yes I stay overnight in one of the rooms.

I guess if you are the only divers then it is not an issue doing three dives, really up to Hassan who owns the place. Solo diving though might not be allowed, and usually if I am there on my own and there is nobody else diving Vanjie comes with me (AED150) as a DM, spotter and carrier of spare housing. I really have to thank her a lot for finding many of the subjects that I photograph.

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 05:42 PM ----------

Did you get your toys yet?

Did you get your toys yet?

Theoretically they should arrive this Monday. I am planning a shore dive Wednesday afternoon to test submerging the housing (no camera) and I hope to go diving all weekend. Do you want to go and dive Friday and Saturday with S2000?

Would love to go diving next week but on Sunday I hit the Middle East trail running until near the end of the month, Qatar next week, then off to Sunny Saudi on Saturday 12th unfortunately, next free day for diving is the 25th January, although I have to drive to Oman at some point too so will have my dive gear in the car just in case :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom