Uber Approved in Quintana Roo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since they don't let taxis pickup at the airport I doubt they will let Ubers do so.

Civilians are allowed to pickup at the airport, and Uber cars are unmarked.
@DandyDon that's what I was thinking. My Spanish is not the best, but from what I read it seems like any transport laws such as restricting taxis from the airport should not apply to Ubers. Will be interesting to see.

It'd feel odd to not argue over fares. :D

We were using Uber in Mérida in 2017, it was great! Like the old days of Uber in the US, clean cars, nice drivers. We hired one for the day.

...or an agreement may have been reached that satisfies the taxistas. Time will tell.
"They already started blocking the hiway to Cancun this afternoon."

...or not.

Speaking strictly for myself, I have no problem with the taxi system on Cozumel as it exists, or did until now. When I go back to Cozumel in April I probably won't be using Uber.

Speaking strictly for myself, I have no problem with the taxi system on Cozumel as it exists, or did until now. When I go back to Cozumel in April I probably won't be using Uber.
We won't either.
I get so tired of hearing about the taxi mafia in Cozumel I could puke.
The slightest preparation to travel in a foreign country would address 99% of the problems that tourists encounter. Even more inexcusable since El Graduado's wonderful app.

Hopefully the Taxi unions throughout QR will only beat up the Uber drivers and destroy their cars and not throw in a beating of the passenger's for good measure.

Every Uber I have ever taken has had the U sticker on the windshield. I am not sure I would be comfortable getting in a completely unbranded car, but that's just me. I don't think it would be too difficult for them to figure out who is an Uber and who is not. In terms of fairness, I am with the Taxi drivers in this instance. I don't think it would be logical to bar taxis but then allow Ubers at the airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom