Uber Approved in Quintana Roo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy chatting with the drivers, I learn something new every time.
Most of the time the cab driver's English is better than my Spanish. A phrase I use a lot in taxis is "Como se dice in Espanol... (how do you say in Spanish...)" for some word in English.

I always stay at Blue Angel; I have for many years. Sometimes when I get an older taxi driver I ask him to take me to La Perla; the hotel hasn't been called that in a long, long time.

I get so tired of hearing about the taxi mafia in Cozumel I could puke.
Me, too. The taxi union on Cozumel hasn't done anything that unions in the US haven't done. Unions here have done much worse things, in fact.

I have a lot of difficulties with the Uber site. I like to park at my daughter's house for procedures, Uber to the clinic early in a morning, and she picks me up after. I can book now for $8+ but if I try to reserve in advance, it wants $43+. I know it's a glitch, but I never could find a way to report it.

I have a lot of difficulties with the Uber site. I like to park at my daughter's house for procedures, Uber to the clinic early in a morning, and she picks me up after. I can book now for $8+ but if I try to reserve in advance, it wants $43+. I know it's a glitch, but I never could find a way to report it.
I don't think it's a glitch; I found the same thing with Lyft a few weeks ago. I tried to reserve a ride an hour in advance and it was way more expensive than getting one ASAP.

I don't think it's a glitch; I found the same thing with Lyft a few weeks ago. I tried to reserve a ride an hour in advance and it was way more expensive than getting one ASAP.
It'd be to their advantage to book in advance. They could even offer discounts.

It'd be to their advantage to book in advance. They could even offer discounts.
Fares are set dynamically by supply and demand and change constantly. They don't know what drivers will be available then or if they would accept the ride at the advance price. What are the cancellation terms for an advance ride?

Fares are set dynamically by supply and demand and change constantly. They don't know what drivers will be available then or if they would accept the ride at the advance price.
Ok, that explains it then. I'll just wait and take my chances. The two times before I reserved in advance tho were cheap.
What are the cancellation terms for an advance ride?
Up until pickup time, I think.

The first car arrived...

000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom