UK SL4 eLED vs Intova 4.7w compact torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_sirhc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all I'm getting my first dive light and came to these two options.
I'm doing pure rec dives in saltwater with no intention of going tec
Both lights are priced around the same range so what do you guys suggest?
Appreciate the comments!

Both are good lights. We just got some of the Intovas and are pretty impressed. The only real drawback we see to the Intovas is the batteries are a little more expensive. But they also last a little longer, so it might end up being about the same cost in the long run. Either way you can't go wrong.

I have both lights and love them both, it's hard to decide which one to use a primary light, I had a big 8C batteries but sold it (too big and heavy).

Does the Intova eat those CR 123 batteries pretty quickly?

Does the Intova eat those CR 123 batteries pretty quickly?

Not at all, the Intova's batts. have plenty of dive time. I rather have two small lights than a big 8C flashlight, I did not noticed any difference in lumens between a 8C torch and a small one with 4AA batteries.

I would get a standered SL4 and then go to the DIY forum and learn how to convert it over to LED on youre own for about $8 more. ITs cheap, easy and puts out around 200Lumens.

Intova 4.7

Just watch out for the new Intova's with the tailswitch. This is a new design and hasnt been perfected yet. It's prone to flooding. Sent mine back after it flooded on its 4th dive. Intova was good about sending me a new one - just a heads up though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom