Unanimous vote gets SDI accepted in to RSTC Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve SDI/TDI HQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
International Training is excited to announce that SDI has formally been accepted into RSTC Europe. The vote to accept SDI into this prestigious organization took place at the RSTC Europe yearly meeting earlier in January and was unanimous.

RSTC Europe was founded in 1994, and members affiliated with the organization include: ACUC, BARAKUDA, NASDS, PSS, SNSI, IDEA Europe, IDD, PADI and SSI. The influence of these member agencies covers all European countries as well as most of the Red Sea and the Maldives. The aim of RSTC is to support the diving industry and to present a professional forum that is both respected and recognized throughout the world of recreational diving. Members of RSTC Europe provide a non-prejudicial code of diver safety practices for governmental bodies working to improve diving and diver safety standards.

“I cannot begin to tell you how elated I am at this news,” stated Brian Carney, president of International Training.

“The process of getting accepted by RSTC Europe took nearly two years of work and is a major accomplishment for our company,” Carney added. “It would have not been possible without the work of many people, but I would like to give a special thank you to Horst Dederichs, director SDI/TDI Germany, and Sean Harrison, Vice President training. Both of these guys put in countless hours of their time to make this happen and we all owe them a debt of gratitude.”

This announcement is one that will have a major impact on the growth of SDI over the coming years, Carney stated. Membership to RSTC Europe will allow SDI and its European affiliates to work with other members to promote safe diving and continue the work on building minimum safety standards for scuba diving and instruction that will be recognized throughout Europe.

“As a member of RSTC Europe we can become part of the push to promote safe diving, diving tourism, and market development for the diving industry,” Carney concluded.

SDI is also a member of World RSTC, RSTC USA and RSTC Canada, as well as EUF (European Underwater Federation).

For information about SDI training, contact International Training at (207) 729-4201 or on the web at International Training :: Home ::. Scuba Diving International (SDI) is the sport diving certification branch of the world’s largest technical diving agency, Technical Diving International (TDI). Also included is Emergency Response Diving International (ERDI), the only global public safety certification agency.

Others follow… SDI leads!

Is TDI also a member of the CMAS?

No, neither is it a member of any of the RSTC organizations. The scope of these bodies covers only recreational sport diving and not recreational technical diving.

Before anyone points it out, I should correct my terminology. In the above release I said:

SDI is also a member of World RSTC, RSTC USA and RSTC Canada, as well as EUF (European Underwater Federation).

SDI is not a member of the EUF. I should have stated: SDI is an EUF accredited agency.

More complete details on what that means can be found here. http://www.euf-certification.org/

Thank you.

Hello,
I have read in some French forums that TDI France issues double face c-card TDI-CMAS. Is it correct?
Thanks,
Jale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom