Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Vince and Natalie find Ah Kax Ha, a very tight underwater cave under the Mexican jungle. As they push each other's limit, exploration fever takes over their entire lives.

Very cool video! I'm not a cave diver so correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to be kicking up quite a bit of silt. Are they kicking too powerfully or using the wrong kick...or is silt in caves often that fine where it gets kicked up regardless of what you do?

Last edited:
Very cool video! I'm not a cave diver so correct me if I'm wrong, but they seem to be kicking up quite a bit of silt. Are they kicking too powerfully or using the wrong kick...are is silt in caves often that fine where it gets kicked up regardless of what you do?

Thank you!

The fisheye lense creates an illusion on the size of the cave, most of it is less that 2 feet floor to ceiling, sometimes 1.5 feet. I had to deflate my wing, disconnect the inflator and grind my way through. Vince was literally digging. I turned my head to the side but my helmet still got all scratched. So no matter how you kick, and even if you don't kick at all you will be in zero visibility. This is also due to the very heavy percolation of Ha Kax Ha (silt coming from the ceiling displaced by bubbles). There is no flow and no traffic (only 3 people have been in there so far) so lots of silt to be displaced. So yeah, it's basically a touch-contact cave.

and btw, Natalie's and Vincent's skills are excellent :)

Thanks for watching,
Luca

Vortex Springs, Ginnie, Cow Cave, Goodenough Spring (very hard dive), Mighty O (wreck dive), Diepolder II & III (both guided). A few other places depending on when I am down in Florida.

I'll literally dive anything if it has some water.

Sounds awesome. I should hang out in Florida more!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom