Question Undersea Habitat book recommendations? (Tektite/Sealab/Conshelf)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian Koblick just posted a link to this in Facebook

The Koblick Chronicles: A Short Recollection of the Tektite 1 & 2 and La Chalupa Adventures Kindle Edition

The untold history of the first undersea habitats Tektite 1, Tektite 2, and the Puerto Rican Habitat La Chalupa.
The story is told by the only person who was involved in all projects from day one. You will find out all about building the underwater habitats, the politics behind these projects, management of undersea habitats, and living underwater for weeks at a time.

Beneath the Sea, A Sampling of Diving and Other Adventures Hardcover – November 1, 1998​

by William L. High (Author)
"Bill High spent more than 365 days of his working career underwater in 4 undersea laboratories, 5 deep submersibles and as both a commercial and sport diver. Bill was a hospital and field medic, sport and commercial fisherman, sky diver, hunter and witness to the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941. He rode the back of a wild killer whale and swam with more than 1,000 dolphins. For more than 50 years he sought adventure above and below the ocean."

SeaRat

Beneath the Sea, A Sampling of Diving and Other Adventures Hardcover – November 1, 1998​

by William L. High (Author)
"Bill High spent more than 365 days of his working career underwater in 4 undersea laboratories, 5 deep submersibles and as both a commercial and sport diver. Bill was a hospital and field medic, sport and commercial fisherman, sky diver, hunter and witness to the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941. He rode the back of a wild killer whale and swam with more than 1,000 dolphins. For more than 50 years he sought adventure above and below the ocean."

SeaRat

A great feature of Amazon is that it will remind you when you have made a purchase. I purchased that book in 2013 and I forgot about it, but it is somewhere in my shelf of books to read. Actually, maybe I did read it and still forgot about it. I have to find it and look at it to see if it looks familiar. lol

In any case, I am sure I did not pay that much in 2013, but I am glad Amazon reminded me that I already have it. :cool:

A great feature of Amazon is that it will remind you when you have made a purchase. I purchased that book in 2013 and I forgot about it, but it is somewhere in my shelf of books to read. Actually, maybe I did read it and still forgot about it. I have to find it and look at it to see if it looks familiar. lol

In any case, I am sure I did not pay that much in 2013, but I am glad Amazon reminded me that I already have it. :cool:
Luis, when you find this book, go to Chapter 31, "Aquanaut" to read Bill High's descriptions of living in these various habitats. He did a lot of scientific research in Tektite, Hydro Lab, Flare and Helgoland.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom