Underwater fighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. Maybe I'll start the first underwater fight club. Anyone interested in joining? :eyebrow:

The first rule of Underwater Fight Club is you do not pee in your wetsuit.:rofl3:

Then whose wetsuit can you pee in?:

The situation isn't likely as a Navy Diver at war is primarily involved with explosives ordinance disposal. If he screws up, he's his own worst enemy (you can drop the knife) :wink:. Alternatively, he's repairing underwater damage to vessels in port. SEALs are used in combat, but as a special ops unit, often they've failed if they are discovered. They don't possess the firepower to be an effective fighting force.

Let's get it on!!!

2011.jpg

Works on a shark...since that's essentially what it is, a shark stick.

C'mon folks. Every diver who has ever seen Mike Nelson fighting bad guys, the SEAL battle in Thunderball, or the fight scene in Into the Blue has wondered how they would do in an underwater fight against the evil (fill in the blank)... It kind of goes with the territory

see my dormant blog...underwater combat, what in the world.

Covediver's Underwater World: May 2006

yet how would a combustion occur, or the powder ignite with no oxygen, and the vaccum of space, it can't happen. I don't think...?

The powder in a cartridge has it own oxidizer. Primer or detonator cord will burn underwater.

Underwater fighting

Silly me.

When I read the title of this thread, I assumed it had to do with married couples diving together (and bickering underwater). :D

I'm a "pacifist" by nature.... I wear 2-3 knives (one large :wink: ) to help promote pacifism in others :D

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom