Suggestion Underwater photography section

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
anferney

anferney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Admins,

Firstly thanks for an awesome board. I spend many, many hours reading and learning on here :D

So... I have two recommendations for the underwater photography section:

• Add a section for Panasonic Cameras - There have been lots of really interesting developments for panasonic underwater stuff recently and nowhere specific to talk about them
  • Add a section for photos of your underwater photography setup - This would be a great place for people to show off their rigs and for newbies to learn about commonly used configurations...

Thanks and keep up the great work :)

There's a process to be followed for adding a new forum/subforum:
ScubaBoard - Frequently Asked Questions: General Forum Usage

Looks like you've covered everything up to the 12+ members needed.

So you want a new forum?

You need to think about the following:

* Is the subject suitable for ScubaBoard?
* Is it necessary, isn't this subject already covered by another forum?
* Is it to be a private forum? If so, for which group? Any specific access restrictions (ie read-only etc.)?

Got that covered?

Good, next thing you need to do is to start a thread in Suggestions (part of Site Support).

Also, you'll need at least a dozen members who'll back your proposal.

Finally, the ScubaBoard Staff will consider your proposal and create the forum if approved.

Please note that any forum may also be removed due to inactivity.
I think a regular thread might be better for your second idea. If it's popular enough it could be stickied to remain at the top of the section in the future. Start one in the general photography forum now. Alcina is the mod who generally gets involved in that area.

It will need to be reviewed and discussed at the Advisor level.

I would send a PM to [user]alcina[/user] and ask her how to best proceed. Include links to this post and your other one.

She's an Advisor and does a lot of work in the Photography forum so probably your best choice.

Thanks again diversteve, I have PM'd alcina

Hi All, I have had no response from alcina yet. Should I just be patient or is there someone else who might be able to help?

Thanks

Looks like Alcina may be off somewhere - she hasn't been here in a couple of weeks. Try [user]Puffer Fish[/user] - he's also a photographer - and I think was just discussing the new Lumix cameras in a thread. He's also on the board just about every day.

Or any Advisor on this list: ScubaBoard - Who's Who on SB?

Back
Top Bottom