underwater strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kuti

Registered
Reaction score
I would like an advise what strobe to buy for my sony hdr hc1 to take still pictures.I also do not yet know if this camera have a pre flash.I have bought an ikelite houseing for it and also want to know if any one is useing a wide angle for the above set up.
Thank you
Kuti

I'd contact Ryan at ryan@reefphoto.com or Yuzo at info@naturephoto.co.jp and ask them what they would recommend.

There is also a bunch of strobe information, including a link to the excellent Strobe Finder, if you follow the pink link in my signature.

if you use ikelite strobes with a manual controller they ignore any pre-flash the camera has.
The DS51 is a decent strobe, but its coverage is around 70deg (or 80 with diffuser).. the DS125 covers 90deg w/o diffuser.

First thank you,and second the ds51 has a substrobe,do you mean I would not need this.Thank ou once again.

Thanks I contacted Ryn and next week he will give me his advise,He seems he want to help me.Thanks .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom