Underwater structures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember a brass statue at Chankanaab, but that was before Wilma. I don't know if it survived the storm.

Do you mean the Virgin or the Christ? Got both of those noted. The Virgin was stolen a while back, but was replaced with a new one.

Concrete rubble from Wilma in front of Scuba Club.
The fiberglass pyramid in front of Hotel Cozumel.
Monument to Opal divemaster on Villa Blanca.
The seven underwater cables to the mainland across Villa Blanca with concrete mats and mooring blocks for the buoys.

Noted

Avenida. Another example of me being stuck in the past! Before it was Avenida Andres Quintana Roo, it was Avenida 11. Before it was Avenida 11, it was a gravel road named Calle 11.
I still call it Avenida 11. It's on all our utilities, my permanent resident card, car license, fideocomisa, etc. etc. etc. All the taxi drivers know it by that name also.

And I still call it Calle 11, when I'm not thinking!

11.jpg

Does a large ship's anchor count? IIRC there was one on Santa Rosa or Paso Del Cedral.

There are several canons in front of Aqua Safari.

I have written on ScubaBoard about these repro cannons before. In the 1980s, I took Bill Horn to see our model/moldmaker at the Institute of Nautical Archaeology and he gave Bill the drawings to make replica cement cannons and anchors, which Bill did. The hurricanes have moved them around a little since then.

Back
Top Bottom