Unhappy with PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

durian

Reaction score
2 months ago by credit card I ordered a replacewment card and it is still not here. Cost AUS 50.00 which seems ridiculous. The lastr time I had a card coming I had to contact the main office to get the Asia office to respond. It took forever. This time I made an inquiry and have not received a response after a week. They had no hesitation to get the money....but they are sloooooooow. \

Are any of the other certifying places a bit more customer friendly. I have had my day with PADI

Yeah, the replacement cards are quite expensive, which is annoying. I believe it costs USD35, so 50 Aussie would be about right.

I got my IANTD Nitrox cert in Oz in May and still haven't received my card. I contacted my LDS there and they said all the cards come from IANTD Miami and generally they are a little slower than PADI anyway. I suspect the distance involved has something to do with it. Unfortunately, it turns out that they (IANTD) suffered some rather severe hurricane damage just after that and got flooded - all paperwork had to be resubmitted. Almost 5 months and no card...

That's really disappointing and I'm sorry to hear that. I can say that my students usually get their cards in about 2 weeks here in the Midwest of the U.S. I know this for a fact since the cards always come through the shop. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better...I hope you don't entirely give up on PADI.
I can't understand why it would take more then a couple of additonal weeks...so let's say a month (at most), to get someone their card.

it took me 9 weeks to receive both my OW and Nitrox cards from Padi here in So FL, and I have yet to receive my AOW and its been 10 weeks now.

I'm a a NASE Instructor...Get my cards within 4 to 5 days...It's all electronic except for the mail time from Salt Lake City. Our charge is $25

Joe

When I took my Nitrox course a few years ago, I got my card from PADI in 2 weeks. With my advanced courses (Tech) from NAUI, I received my cards in two weeks as well.

If you want slow, try GUE some time.

I got a PADI replacement card but submitted my request through the internet with an attached digital picture. It came reasonably quickly from what I recall. Same with IANTD nitrox - about 2 weeks but I had an instructor who knew I was leaving on a trip soon and I think he might have turned the screws on someone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom