United to Begin Charging Extra for Second Bag!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I look at this a different way.

United is letting you check one bag included in the price of your ticket. The second bag they are charging $25 to check. I personally would rather them add this Ala Carte service than add $25 to every ticket.
Sure, if the cost of the ticket was $25 less than everyone else - but you can bet your boat it won't be.

Last time I flew United they added an extra charge for sitting in an exit row :shakehead:(I forgot how much, but it was a bunch). The exit rows sat empty, and no one was alowed to move into them.

Sure, if the cost of the ticket was $25 less than everyone else - but you can bet your boat it won't be.

Last time I flew United they added an extra charge for sitting in an exit row :shakehead:(I forgot how much, but it was a bunch). The exit rows sat empty, and no one was alowed to move into them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it when a company prices themselves out of making a profit.

You sure that wasn't Northwest? Thought they were the only ones charging for exit rows. Not to mention aisle and window seats to boot.

United doesn't charge extra for exit rows. Gotta be another carrier.

Is it for the seat or for the training on how to open the emergency exit door? :wink:

UPS or Fed Ex is more than $25 for a 50 Lb bag / box - to pretty much anywhere in the U.S.

The price of the airline tickets may not be coming down, but they're not going up as fast as the price of gas is, compared to what "Brown has done for me"

Even the price of the 2-day air letters via UPS have gone up almost $3 in the last year. That's a 25% price increase.

---

If United is charging it's regular non-refundable fare passengers $25 for a second bag, it's still not a bad deal alltogether when the alternative is driving somewhere; flying is still cheaper based on today's gas prices for most longer distances to be traveled. I can still fly round trip from Denver to Fort Lauderdale (1700 miles each way) non-stop for between $250 - $300 (on United).

If I had a car that averaged 30 MPG, and I paid an average of $3 per gallon of gas, I could do the same trip for $340 in gas (not including meals, and possibly a hotel) and it would only take about 24 hours of driving in each direction. So potentially paying $325 (to pay for an extra bag) to do the trip in 3.75 hours seems worth it to me.

Just my 2 cents...

Your ticket will be $25 less than those with 2 bags just take 1. Want to really save just take 1 not 3 then your ticket will be $125 cheaper since they are charging $100 for the 3rd bag.

We could all just take the Airline that flies for FUN instead of profit just like you can go out to Dinner at the Resteruant that Cooks for fun instead of Profit.

Just making a point, We the free market are getting what we are voting for with our dollars. We are not voting for free meals etc...We are voting for the Cheapest way from point A to Point B.

Your ticket will be $25 less than those with 2 bags just take 1. Want to really save just take 1 not 3 then your ticket will be $125 cheaper since they are charging $100 for the 3rd bag.

I think there's some confusion - your ticket will be the same price. If you choose to take another bag, you'll pay an extra fee on top of your ticket price. If you choose to take one or no bag, you just pay the base ticket price.

Even more reasons not to fly united, considering where I fly I usually end up going through O'hare, which is a nightmare!!!!!! Vote your complaint with your wallet, choose another airline.

Even more reasons not to fly united, considering where I fly I usually end up going through O'hare, which is a nightmare!!!!!! Vote your complaint with your wallet, choose another airline.

Too late, they bought our support with Premier Exec and 1K for the year. I think that makes us part of the problem.:11doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom