Upcoming Trip to CZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear ya, @mcohen1021 . I have taken two liveaboards since the last time I was in Coz, and every time my wife and I are eyeing up a liveaboard we say to ourselves how many Coz trips that one liveaboard equals.

Yep…CZ still best bang for your scuba buck...

Budget air for 2 on Sun Country (if they are flying): ~$1000
8d/7n Casa del Mar Superior Room: ~$650
6 day 2 tank scuba with my guide: $1020
Food and Drink: ~$500
=================================
Total approximate cost: $3200
No long flight: $Priceless

Considering we were in/out of Red Sea for ~5600 total, we did pretty darned good price wise. They even got me on video doing my trademark "Hi Mom" haha

Another thing to consider, my red sea trip offered up to 4 dives / day. So, if I double the scuba cost on my Cozumel estimate above, it’s $4200… That made the Egypt trip only about 1400 more. The thresher shark alone was enough to justify that cost lol, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

Man I can't wait to go to CZ now... I need a margarita in a clay pot

Or the mariachis to do Guantanamera, La Bamba and the Cozumel song

All great points… Wanna hear something not so funny? We were in Cz Dec 2017 and never dove due to el norte

Yup.. We were there for that Norte last December as well. The longest Norte we (and everyone else) has experienced ever. Luckily we go for 2 weeks in December so it didn't shut us out but we did meet a few divers who flew in for short trips and were totally blown out by it. Freak occurrence in my opinion. We're booked for another 2 weeks this December.

Waiiit a sec… In Cozumel, it’s Jade Cavern, right? Chaak Tun I thought was in Playa? I see your point, re: treating the sites as old friends.

You're right... It's Jade Cavern. My mistake.

Yep…CZ still best bang for your scuba buck...

Budget air for 2 on Sun Country (if they are flying): ~$1000
8d/7n Casa del Mar Superior Room: ~$650
6 day 2 tank scuba with my guide: $1020
Food and Drink: ~$500
Total approximate cost: $3200
No long flight: $Priceless

Our December 8-24th trip this 2018
RT for 2 on AA ORF-CZM about $1400 (if we aren't using air miles but we are)
16 nights at the Casa Mexicana City View about $1400
13 days of 2-tank diving with Tres Pelicanos for 2 divers about $2,050
Food/drinks/etc. $750
Total cost $5,600 for 16 nights or $175/PP/day if we were paying $700 each for RT airfare.
Can't beat that with a stick if you're a diver and into max dive days with no breaks and 2 dives per day.

link to Bienvendidos A Cozumel:

Last edited:
I have not yet made a video for my personal pics and video in Egypt, here's the last video I made for Cozumel

Reactions: jmb
I was in Thailand for 8 nights on a live aboard back in January/Feb. One of my favorite vacations. Saw everything. Mantas, Whale Shark, Lemon Shark, Sea snake, everything.

Returned to Cozumel in May. I was never bored while diving, nor wishing I was back in Thailand. It was actually nice to be back. It was nice to sleep in a little. It was nice to back roll into the water, dive my own tank and take in the unlimited visibility. It was also nice to be back on land for a late lunch and relaxing the rest of my day away. I cant wait for my next live aboard, Raja Ampat. But there is something to be said about diving half the day and just sitting on the beach, going to town, or having a few drinks and watching the show for the rest of it.

One of the things I always love about Cozumel, is how refreshed and relaxed I feel when I get back. The 3-hour return flight also beats the pants off my 22 hour flight home from Phuket, even in business class on ANA.

Yup.. We were there for that Norte last December as well. The longest Norte we (and everyone else) has experienced ever.

Returned to Cozumel in May. I was never bored while diving, nor wishing I was back in Thailand.

I can tell ya that without the scuba in Cozumel during that Norte, we were pretty darned bored.

I was in Thailand for 8 nights on a live aboard back in January/Feb. One of my favorite vacations. Saw everything. Mantas, Whale Shark, Lemon Shark, Sea snake, everything.

Returned to Cozumel in May. I was never bored while diving, nor wishing I was back in Thailand. It was actually nice to be back. It was nice to sleep in a little. It was nice to back roll into the water, dive my own tank and take in the unlimited visibility. It was also nice to be back on land for a late lunch and relaxing the rest of my day away. I cant wait for my next live aboard, Raja Ampat. But there is something to be said about diving half the day and just sitting on the beach, going to town, or having a few drinks and watching the show for the rest of it.

One of the things I always love about Cozumel, is how refreshed and relaxed I feel when I get back. The 3-hour return flight also beats the pants off my 22 hour flight home from Phuket, even in business class on ANA.

I know! Coz, with its typical two-dives-a-day routine, is like a dive vacation from liveaboards!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom