Update on my kiddo wanting to be PADI certified at barely 11…….CERTIFIED NOW :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jal102

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
She is now PADI certified and we did 7 dives in Jamaica for Christmas :) Thank you everyone for all of your advice and comments. She is tiny, but lugged all that gear around no problem, set up both of our gear for each dive (yes I checked it LOL), did 5 boat dives with giant stride entries, and the last 2 with a roll back entry. She is beyond comfortable in the water, knows her signals, has pretty darned decent buoyancy, and I couldn't be more proud!

It was absolutely amazing!!!!!! She truly is a tiny powerhouse as I had mentioned in my original post asking for advice and the last 2 dives for her were free because the DMs were truly impressed. I know all kids are different and ready at different times to attempt becoming certified…..BUT my munchkin was more than ready and we are now looking for vacation number 2 in 48 days to go diving again.

OMG it was fantastic.

Congratulations! What no pictures?

Great report. Not all 11 year olds ( or 21 year olds for that matter) are ready to dive, but some are, and clearly your Muchkin is one of them. Congratulations to you both! Stay active- time to plan the next trip.
DivemasterDennis

Congratulations!!!! It's always awesome to see kids getting interested in diving!

Adam

Congrats, it's a great feeling :)

Thank you so much and yes we are working on a week to Cozumel is 49 days, but who is counting LOL. I live in AZ and am on an academic calendar so the spring break time frame is next and Mexico is a nice close destination. Belize is my top choice, but the extra puddle jumper to Ambergris Caye is making air fair ludicrous. I wanted so badly to at least post a few embedded pictures of her, but can't seem to figure out how to attach them to my post. I obviously avoided an U/W camera so that I can watch her on our first trip, but there are a few proud pictures I would very love to post.

good news, great work, and thumbs up.

Thank you so much and yes we are working on a week to Cozumel is 49 days, but who is counting LOL. I live in AZ and am on an academic calendar so the spring break time frame is next and Mexico is a nice close destination. Belize is my top choice, but the extra puddle jumper to Ambergris Caye is making air fair ludicrous. I wanted so badly to at least post a few embedded pictures of her, but can't seem to figure out how to attach them to my post. I obviously avoided an U/W camera so that I can watch her on our first trip, but there are a few proud pictures I would very love to post.

I posted a handful of pictures to show her level of "happy"…oh if I only knew how to embed one in my post LOL

When you open a reply window, over on the right side at the top is an "insert image" button. On this Quick Reply screen it's the third one from the right. Click on that, attache your photo, and voila. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom