US Divers/ Aqua Lung.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting to know that US Divers is their snorkeling line and Aqualung is their diving line. Makes you wonder if they sell identical masks with different badging for vastly different prices.

I dive with an older US Divers mask and fins. They are over 10 years old and the mask is extremely comfortable for me. As long as the skirting holds up on the mask, I'll continue to use it. :) The fins are a little longer than most fins marketed today, but I have yet to get a calf cramp on a long swim, so I'm not in any hurry to replace them. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

DiveMe:
Interesting to know that US Divers is their snorkeling line and Aqualung is their diving line. Makes you wonder if they sell identical masks with different badging for vastly different prices.
Not even close. No comparison and I've tried them all.

Well,

I teach "Fit and Comfort" far above anything else. Again, I suspect an agenda other than the truth when someone labels an entire manufacturer as "junk" with absolutely no qualification of their opinion. I don't put much stock in elitism, but that's me. If you call something junk without specific reasons then all you are doing is blowing off steam.

scubapro50:
talk to any dive shop and they'll tell you that the Wal Mart stuff is junk ........ they are made cheaply and not designed to holdup over time. The models are not the same and material are different. If it works for you now great ... use it .... but I would keep looking for another mask ..... it doesn't hurt to have a backup mask just in case the cheap one starts to leak one day while diving. Did you buy the "cheap" plastic shorkel and your fins there too ? I notice Wal Mart has all three in one package for a great "Wal Mart" price.

Hence the reason why posting questions on here sometimes just is not worth it. You ask a question expect opinated answers, not being berated whether you feel its a stupid or dumb question answer it to the best of your abilty with out being opinated that simple, well at least one would think. But then again with anything in the world it has to "have know it alls"

Back
Top Bottom