Used Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trident carrys repro HP seats for that first stage. It's an easy rebuild and a solid reg.

The first stage is a 900 or older 950 with a 3/8 to 7/16 adaptor on the HP hose. The gauges are most likely the wrist mount depth in console with a 3500 psi spg. Both can be serviced. The XLB second stage is the possible problem for most repair shops. This was Dacors balanced adjustable metal second stage at the time and utilized a special one-piece LP seat and carrier. The rubber was actually molded onto the brass body just like a HP seat and I do not know a anyone who makes a new after-market part for this, so you would be subject to NOS parts or resurfacing. Since I do not routinely work on USD/ Aqualung I will not speak to the issue of the octopus. Perhaps someone will chime in and add their two cents to mine and we will then have 3 1/2 cent :] Regards as always Scott

I'd value my time and hard earned money too much resurrect that dinosaur, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, the economics here make no sense!

I'd value my time and hard earned money too much resurrect that dinosaur, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, the economics here make no sense!

I have to agree with this. If you looking for a low cost solid reg I would have to recommend a Sherwood. They have not changed much over time, most cities have a shop that can service them and the parts are cheap and easy. On ebay the older versions have very little resale value.

For anyone who has one of these second stages and still want to dive with it, there is another option. You remove the adjustment assembly and fit it with common pacer parts. The hole in the body accepts a standard 3/8 port plug and there are a ton of metal Pacer parts floating around.

Thanks for all the input. I shared this info with my friend and he is throwing in a whole bunch of extra stuff, like a spare air, dive flag bouey, clips and rings for my BCD. Everything for $75
He is just cleaning out. So I'm keeping it and will try it out and see how it goes. I've been dry docked for a week now so I am hoping to get in the water here soon.

---------- Post added ----------

Scott

Would you mind telling me a little more about retrofitting the XLB with common pacer parts.

Where do I find these?

Back
Top Bottom