Useless dive Items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
As I was getting a head start on my spring cleaning and not wanting to toss anything that I might be able to use again I was curious as to what items were not SCUBA practical?

I'm with Bob3 on the lawn and garden tools. Matter of fact,
get rid of them so you CAN'T lawn and garden.

If it can't fit in the scuba-mobile it doesn't do you much good! Sell the big ones and buy more scuba gear, a portable grill and a high quality cooler:jester:

Ber :bunny:

Y'all leave yer lawn & garden tools at home? I find that three prong hand cultivator thingie works real well as a double duty excavator of sharks teeth and hang on to the river bottom in a strong current doodad.
On the other hand, I have found little use for electrical appliances or power tools underwater.
Rick

I have found little use for electrical appliances or power tools underwater.
Unless you get those really nice Extra long extension cords. :tease: Nothing worse than running out of extension cord, I hate that!

Originally posted by stingray

Unless you get those really nice Extra long extension cords. :tease: Nothing worse than running out of extension cord, I hate that!

Well now, I'm only a PADI Open Lawn Gardener, not even Advanced. So I only need 60' of extension cord.

A lot of people have talked about blending in a few threads and also mentioned that proper hydration is important. Let me tell you, the blender is not a good scuba tool at all. First off the ice wants to float away if you are making a frozen drink. Everything tastes watered down for some reason, and then there is that problem with the extension cord not being long enough again. SCUBA blending is definately out for me. It does work well for parties though, so you may not want to get rid of it.

Later, Hawk.

Paint brushes and rollers as well as the buckets and trays.

These items are deffinately not DIR.

FID

I was going to say what Rick said. Except instead of the 3 prong cultivator thingy, I use the forked/2 prong dandilion root digger outer.

Other than that, ditto.

DIR painting has potential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom