usia problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ditchg2

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a custom fit suit from a Phoenix distributer. I have sent it back twice trying to get a suit that fits my body shape. The suit first came to big and underwear to small. And by too big I mean I could stand inside the suit and have the shoulders over my head, the width at the chest extented all the way down threw the waist, the widest part of the thigh extended all the way down to boot. No taper at all, extremely baggy.

A phone conversation with Usia describing the problems and the suit was sent back. When the suit came back a second time the only difference I could tell in the size was that the diameter of the thigh was a nice fit but then ballooned out at the knee wider than the thigh. I sent the suit back about a month ago and have heard no word back.

This is my third suit from Usia in 12 yrs. The first suit fit ok. The second suit I sent back once because of fit (to big) and then still not satisfied I sent the suit to a third party to have it altered to fit. All three of the suits were ordered custom fit, slim.

I was woundering if anybody else was having these types of problems or are my expectations to high.

Any feedback positive or negitive would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Rich Gulley

Errrrrrr. This suit has been a problem from the time it was ordered. When the suit was first ordered we called because we didn't think the measurements were correct. The dealer told us they were, we built the suit. A custom suit is only as good as the measurements that come in. We build thousands of suits every year that are customs and we get very few back. I would bet that we get fewer back than any other custom manufacturer. We have been in contact with the dealer about this suit, but we have asked that we have a complete remeasure. One thing Rich never mentioned was that he was never charged for any of the problems we have had. Even when some of the problems were not our fault. We will always stand behind our product.

Wow Jerry this is all news to me. First off the measurements sent were virtually identical to the measurements sent for the previous 2 suits purchased from you and they weren't this far off. I will be glad to send you a remeasure. Are you going to be at the Long Beach show, you could measure me yourself? But maybe you can explaine why the suit was to big and the underware to small if they both came from the same measurements. And yes Jerry you are correct I have not been charged for any of these problems. Also if you could be specific with what the problems are that would be a great help and I am sure would go a long way in resolving the issues.

Thanks,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom