Using glue on diving mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TommyBoyIreland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Slightly off beat question, but ,..

My dive club is running a fancy dress dive for Halloween, and I was going to go as a clown (maybe an evil clown). As part of that I'd like to use a red nose, and I have a foam one. If I can somehow attach it over the nose on my mask, I will still be able to equalise. Question is how do fix it without damaging the mask?
I guess I could attach with a bungee around the back of my head, but better would be if I could temporarily glue it on. But what glue can I use that will hold (superglue?) and will it damage/weaken the silicon?

BTW - before anyone gets worried, there are all sorts of rules, such as no face paint (water pollution), nothing that could cause entanglement etc.

Use silicon sealant, like bathroom caulk.

Use silicon sealant, like bathroom caulk.
If it is a silicone mask, will silicone sealant melt into it? I have never tried it, but I think I have heard this can happen.

Different silicon. That's why I didn't suggest Aqua-seal. Silicon is impervious to most everything.

Silpoxy is a product that will bond the silicon to rubber, but I think this is just for a gag, not forever. Bathroom or marine caulk will come off eventually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom