Utila dive operators advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like the same conditions we had when I saw it. When I asked the divemaster what it was, he said something about a "thing", so I just figured he didn't know and was messing with me :p

Well...we're set to arrive in a few weeks. I hope conditions improve rapidly!

I am just arranging our dives with Alton's... thank you for the update. I'm a macro lover - is south shore shallows good for that? I was going to avoid afternoon dives as someone said it is full of new divers but perhaps I should be less snotty. :oops:

Aye...

The boat is full of new divers but....fear not, most, if not all of them are on a course. I did the afternoon boat exclusively and maybe I shouldn't talk too loudly about this, but more often than not it was just the divemaster and me. On a few occasions a DMT was assigned to keep an eye on "the slow swimming guy" in case I got distracted by something like an inch long mantis shrimp that was living in a vase sponge....or a baby cow fish that surprised me with it's ability to dart around quickly.

Back
Top Bottom