Utila Lodging - Laguna Beach Resort vs. Deep Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents - I dove with Deep Blue Divers last summer while doing my DMT, and while I was never at the resort, we had their boat - the Wall Nut - for a week, and it was awesome! We were screaming and cheering as we'd leave all the dive boats in our wake.

I also had the pleasure of diving a few times with Matt and Zab, 2 instructors at the resort. They were super cool people, and awesome divers. The resort looked gorgeous from the water, and everyone said it's really a nice place to stay.

The reefs by the resort are great. I always found seahorses.

Wherever you end up going, have a blast. Utila's diving is the best. I can't wait to go back!

It's been nearly two years since I've been there, but I thought the set-up at Laguna Beach was just about perfect for divers; nice, roomy cabins with a shelf that runs the entire length of the wall for all your diving stuff. Each looks out onto the lagoon, with a private deck, complete with hammock. Small but adequate pool, food is basic, but good, dive boats good, staff very good.

They will drop you off coming back from a dive so you can swim back through the "reef" and "fish nursery." I actually saw a juvenile ??? there which I still have not identified nor seen anywhere else to this day.

I hope Hershey the chocolate lab is still there. One of the best dogs I have ever met in my entire life.

We met Hersey last week, what a sweetheart! She greets all the guests when they arrive, sat in front of the main lodge at meal times, and was at the dock to bid us goodbye. One day it was raining and my husband and I were wearing jackets. She came running up barking. My husband said, "Hershey, it's us", and she wagged her tail and welcomed a pet. I think she thought she was protecting the property from strangers. Great dog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom