Utility belt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubascout2000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone ever tried to make some kind of diver utility belt? Maybe one of those military belts with the thick webbing and HUGE buckle? And all those holes for attaching bags or other stuff to? I just thought it would be kool to have something to take down like that for like extra gear goodie bag (for stuffing wit all that cool stuff you find while diving.) Hope someone has tried doing that!

-James

We used the old military web belts for just about everything back in the 60's.

We had our knife, smoke and what ever tools we needed on the job attached to it.

Way far from a fashion statement:D

Gary D.

I've been using a web belt with the plastic quick buckle for over a year to hang light, lift bag, dive reel and whatever else that I fell the need to take down with me.

i thought it would be more cool to be down there with a kick butt belt and to be able to attach just bout anything you needed to take down with you from a light to a knife to anything!

-James

scubascout2000:
i thought it would be more cool to be down there with a kick butt belt and to be able to attach just bout anything you needed to take down with you from a light to a knife to anything!

-James

James,

You could perhaps email this guy. He has been known to do a bit of manufacturing on the side besides diving and his gear is reasonably priced. He may make a one off of the belt for you and probably will think a kick ass utility belt is a kick ass idea! Try him out anyways: jj@gue.com

ok, as far as not taking what you do not need, I dive with a titanium crowbar, and I've ben trying to figureout a more comfortable way to carry boltcutters.

THe Military webbelts offer a lot of advantages, no ony can you find pouches of various types and sizes, and you can bolt eights on to them, but you can also use the simple cheap suspenders that are available for them to keep the belt in place when your suit shrinks under compression.

scubascout2000:
Has anyone ever tried to make some kind of diver utility belt? Maybe one of those military belts with the thick webbing and HUGE buckle? And all those holes for attaching bags or other stuff to? I just thought it would be kool to have something to take down like that for like extra gear goodie bag (for stuffing wit all that cool stuff you find while diving.) Hope someone has tried doing that!

-James

((Insert images of Adam West as Batman here. I NEED a bright yellow utility belt to go with my wetsuit))

d33ps1x:
James,

You could perhaps email this guy. He has been known to do a bit of manufacturing on the side besides diving and his gear is reasonably priced. He may make a one off of the belt for you and probably will think a kick *** utility belt is a kick *** idea! Try him out anyways: jj@gue.com
LOL. Wouldn't girvine@bellsouth.net get a better response? :wink:

Marc

Back
Top Bottom