Uwatec Aladin Z Nitrox Transmitter Back ordered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last month, sent mine in after it died during a dive. Batt was reading 73%. Just under 3 weeks later I got it back reading 99% batt, test, etc. No idea why a month later y'all would be having these problems.

On a side note, if anyone can help me figure out how to scroll through the logbook, please PM me. I don't want to hijack this thread so just email answers, suggestions or links. Thanks.

My BAttery was dead to begin with, that's why I sent it in. Just sent the transmitter in along with it to make sure it was okay. I couldnt check it myself since the computer was battery was dead. Also told that it would be "At least late October" before new transmitters were to arrive, then shipped after that. Not happy so far as I still never got an answer as to the condition of my original one.
memo mouse is the widgettthingy that connects to the computer to download dive logs and change user settings on the uwatec computer.

Last month, sent mine in after it died during a dive. Batt was reading 73%. Just under 3 weeks later I got it back reading 99% batt, test, etc. No idea why a month later y'all would be having these problems.
The "backorder" issue is with the transmitter, not the wrist unit. My wrist unit was ready months ago...

After reading this thread I told my LDS about it when they informed me mine was on its way back from ScubaPro. They said they had not heard of any such delays. Then sure enough, no tank sensor was included. My LDS then called ScubaPro and got the explanation that they are changing all the Air Z's tank sensors to be of the type that we can change the battery our selves. They told my LDS "about a month" before they come in. :popcorn: I told the LDS owners that they have been saying that since June. They also tried to get ScubaPro to let me have a new one from a Luna/Sol and they said they are not the same and wont work.

Well this is now my backup as I got a nice new Sol that I have just started reading the manual on:D

what is a memo mouse? in regard to smart z.
It is memory that you can use as intermediate storage for logged dives until you have the opportunity to transfer them to your PC. It's roughly the size and shape of a computer mouse--hence the name--and is ridiculously overpriced, if I recall correctly.

It is memory that you can use as intermediate storage for logged dives until you have the opportunity to transfer them to your PC. It's roughly the size and shape of a computer mouse--hence the name--and is ridiculously overpriced, if I recall correctly.

I have a smart Z. Not an aladin Z.

Apparently smart Z does not requries such extra device. On the smart Z the dive are logged and stored on the unit itself. 99 of them.

I have a smart Z. Not an aladin Z.

Apparently smart Z does not requries such extra device. On the smart Z the dive are logged and stored on the unit itself. 99 of them.
My mistake, you are correct. I had an Air-X Nitrox and an Air-Z Nitrox, both of which were Memo Mouse compatible, and had internal storage for ~20 dives, if I recall correctly. I know it was less than I could rack up on one liveaboard trip, hence the Memo Mouse. I have a Smart-Pro now, and yes, the newer Uwatecs have no use for the Memo Mouse.

Because all the new computers (since smart Z, Smart pro) use IrDa to connect the divecomputer to the Smart Track software. The IrDa is hidden under the protection shield at the left or right side.

Now my Aladin Air Z Nitrox died.
73 Euro for the Battery change
119 Euro for a new transmitter.

honestly: Are they crazy??? Anyone tried to change the battery of the Transmitter? it is closed by three screws so it can't be that difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom