UWATEC high pressure hose leaking like a garden soaker hose???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a pool dive on my new to me/used but never dived Scubapro MK2/R395/R395octo with Aladin Pro computer and SPG in console. I'm not sure how old this all is, however I know this reg was not used because I had to cut off the plastic cards from the second stage hoses, but I suppose the computer/gauge console and it's hose could have been older, but looked brand new.

Anyway the rubber high pressure hose was leaking tiny bubbles all along it's length! It is marked UWATEC working pressure 4350/300 bar and on the fitting at the first stage stamped 08D. Obviously it needs to be replaced but I'm mystified. Can a new hose rot in storage?

Should I be worried about bits of plastic or something from the inside getting into the first stage or other parts like I saw recently here in photos of a braided miflex type hose failure, even though this is rubber?s I want to part this out for a pony bottle, and possibly necklace one R395 for my other reg. Does it need to be completely $$$Serviced? Are the low pressure hoses suspect although marked Scubapro, so a different kind? Thanks for any help/advice.

That's the way they typically fail. Replace the hose. They aren't known for delaminating on the inside, so no worries there.

HP hose have small dotted pin holes along it, to prevent outer plastic shell explosion in case of inner pipe small cleft.
You may have just problem with one of the fittings of HP hose, not with pipe, it could be squized badly.

There is no easy way to repair it, and need to be changed.

BTW: do you have such detail between SPG and hose?
acc450.jpg

Thanks guys! I will remove it. I'm not sure Alexander if it has any of those parts...if so it is buried in the console rubber. Mainly I was wondering two things: 1) could this have messed up other parts with delamination inside and @The Chairman says no, so that's a relief. 2) Does this mean I should replace the low pressure hoses or can I reuse them?

Hoses are not that expensive. Better to replace to be on the safe side.

normally rubber LP hoses starts to have scratches and clefts outside first, than inside.
once I had hose with outside armor, that had every 2-3 mm of flaw (I bought old regulator with that hose). And it works :)
Sure, I changed it, but in test time - it works.

In your case it depends on previous storage of you regulator. May be need to change, may be not... it is like medical diagnose over internet forum :)
Also do not forget:

Great video... you reminded me that it goes a lot faster with a low pressure hose.

I'm not sure Alexander if it has any of those parts
One of those will sit between the hose and the SPG, allowing it to swivel. You can't over-lube that spool, but that's not causing the bubbles you're describing.

One of those will sit between the hose and the SPG, allowing it to swivel. You can't over-lube that spool, but that's not causing the bubbles you're describing.
Thanks, it's just weird because I think the hose has never been diving.

Thanks, it's just weird because I think the hose has never been diving.
Hoses dry out or "dry rot". The oils in the hose keep it flexible, and once they're gone they become brittle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom