Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Dunco,

thx for the picture. But my problem is, I have two Smart here and resettet them as you described, works fine. But the problem is, also with new battery one of them shows 65% of Capacity and one 56% after reset. Any suggestions?

Ralf

If I were going on a liveaboard trip for 2 weeks and my batter only showed 10% I would have no worries. Even 5% is enough for multiple trips. I am a tech dummy so I had my lds replace my battery and I've had no issues. Those batteries last a loooong time.

Hallo to everybody,
thanks for all the interesting infos about waking up the newer SMART PRO. I did it like tbrady explaned and my Smart Pro works again but I still have the wrench in the display.
How can I reset the wrench symbol?

Today I have successfully changed battery in my Uwatec Smart Pro ( Rev. D ) and made resetting using instructions from Smart COM reset
You can use google translation if you need.

Hi dear friends
I have successfully changed battery but battery counter didnt changed , battery is fresh and new but its same as old battery status , i was changed battery %58 and use these guides to reset my computer.
computer is working fully but i hate the battery status is %58 not a %99.

how can i change this status %58 to %99 , some user say uwatec service have special program , maybe its thrue but maybe some body know different way .
i was connect to smarttrack and program only reading some information, user newer changed computer settings, maybe some addons need to use , for example
smarttrack.exe -xxx
i was try smarttrack.exe -admin etc but not changed :) , any body try to this ? or who have changed battery status when after battery replacing
so sory for my bad english, i need this about help

I do not believe you can accomplish this without special software. But I suggest you google to find more info.

I recently replaced the battery in older Aladin pro computers and vaguely remember reading on the web that the smart pro had a software based battery life indicator that was generally incorrect.

This feature has made me a little hesitant to upgrade my aladins for newer smart pros. Downside is that you now need to carry a backup computer as you have no idea how much battery you have left.

I do not believe you can accomplish this without special software. But I suggest you google to find more info.

I recently replaced the battery in older Aladin pro computers and vaguely remember reading on the web that the smart pro had a software based battery life indicator that was generally incorrect.

This feature has made me a little hesitant to upgrade my aladins for newer smart pros. Downside is that you now need to carry a backup computer as you have no idea how much battery you have left.

thank you for early reply
i was change much more aladin pro and ultra model ( my friends ) i didnt have any issue to battery level but this time i am unhappy because i didnt changed battery status.

i didnt find information how to edit or change computer settings on google or other forums , i have only good and working information here.

i will interest computer have some pinouts , maybe item have serial port ! but we didnt know it, because i will try all telling to forums , i see the wrench status etc but battery level is same , not changed :(

maybe some body resolve this issue or try to different way.

sbugear XP air is same as uwatec smart Z but i didnt find any information by subgear computer .

hi Thanks for the information via regarding the reset of the rev-d ..
but unfortunately it does not translate so good into English in a clear way to understand.
i have lifted the pin, as described.. but am unsure what to do next..
thanks for your advice.

Now you need to connect the battery and ground the pin for a moment. You can even use your finger. After that you can either solder a minature resistor between it and the ground as described in the Czech instruction, or just leave it alone and proceed to filling the device with oil, like I have. I've logged around 20 dives since then (up to 30m depth) without any abnormal behavior from the Smart Pro.

Now you need to connect the battery and ground the pin for a moment. You can even use your finger. After that you can either solder a minature resistor between it and the ground as described in the Czech instruction, or just leave it alone and proceed to filling the device with oil, like I have. I've logged around 20 dives since then (up to 30m depth) without any abnormal behavior from the Smart Pro.

Thanks for clarifying this for me.. i followed the instruction , but with no success.. i picked this computer up with a bundle of stuff, and i guess it has been dead for some time ( a few years) so it is maybe beyond a reset.. i have disconected the battery and will give it another go later
Many thanks

Dave

Hello to all the forum menbers
I want to comment on the steps of my battery replacement Uwatec Smart Pro ( IC D )
first thank all of you who have experienced especially to Dedragonslayer

1 desoldering the old battery
2 Unsoldering the pin 1 lifted with a needle and the electric welder above
3 solder the new battery in this case SL 760/PR AA from ALLBATTERIRS
4 when the display I have the tool, I jumper pin 1 and negative hole, and hear beep
5 On the main screen blinks temperature and tool stable ( returning to normal after 24 hours)
6 in main screen 24 hours after stable temperature and tool is not
7 In the display the battery 72 %

This is all thanks to all

omasub1

Back
Top Bottom