V42 Proton Metal + Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uksub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, I'm in the UK, and recently got hold of a used V42 Proton Metal/Octo.........is this reg+octo compatible with nitrox? Am I correct in assuming the US regs are, and the Euro ones aren't..........how can I tell?
Looking forward to your reply........
Many thanks.

The US and Euro regs are exactly the same, when the regs are produced they do not know which country they will go to :)

All of the Mares regs are good up to 40% out of the box. The difference is each country may have different guidelines on what can be stated or is requried by regulation.

Regards,

Phil

Cheers Phil........so we're good to go with nitrox then!...........:yeahbaby:

In the U.S. you're fine, but in the E.U. it is my understanding that you are not: thread.

Yes, even if Mares guarantees it's safety up to 40% Nitrox, you will still need to conform to any local regulations. Check to see what regulations are in place concerning the use of Nitrox in the UK!

thanks for your help...............:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom